PDA

View Full Version : User Profile: No Country Field

Taqua
12-05-2006, 06:37 PM
Yes, I know, the US is the center of the world and we Europeans live in the 52th, 53rd, etc state of the United States of Earth. But please, add a Country field for those who do not yet belive in the grand Empire :)

Right now, it is rather hard to tell whether a person lives in Paris/Texas or Paris/France.

Mimil
12-05-2006, 07:17 PM
Hi thomas,

I see the country field in the Edit Profile tab ("Registration Required Information" section). I don't know if it is because it has already been corrected, I know that we do not have the same accreditation level into Pentaho corporation :D, or it is because you too much work on your computer.

Taqua
12-06-2006, 03:45 AM
Oh, I see - the address is torn apart and some fields are in the required section and some are hidden down below. Now that's definitly a perfect case on how to confuse the poor users.

Btw.: Gretchen, the number of countries on this planet is known - you might get better results by using a ComboBox with the names of all known countries in it. This would prevent me (or other funny guys) from setting my state to Disney-Land or so :)

gmoran
12-06-2006, 09:37 AM
I hear ya, guys. I moved over the registration fields in quite a rush, and we have a guy working on them this week. I'll make sure to populate the countries:)

The separation of the city and country from the address and state fields totally blows. This is how vBulletin lays this stuff out by default - required fields in one section and optional in another. I've never seen anything so silly. There must be a way to change it, I just haven't gotten there yet. I've got it on my to do list though!

kind regards,
-G

PS - Cedric, you rate top notch in Pentaho's book, right next to Thomas, don't think otherwise:)

dmoran
12-07-2006, 12:42 PM
Thomas,

It would be so much easier you Europeans would quit renaming yourselves, splitting up your countries and putting them back together. It gets very confusing in the rare cases where we Americans actually bother to learn them.

BTW - Are you in East or West Germany?

Doug

dmoran
12-07-2006, 01:14 PM
I forgot the smiley.

:)

Taqua
12-07-2006, 05:16 PM
Thomas,

It would be so much easier you Europeans would quit renaming yourselves, splitting up your countries and putting them back together. It gets very confusing in the rare cases where we Americans actually bother to learn them.

yeah, yeah, as long as you dont invade us (as a german I can say: again :)) thats ok

BTW - Are you in East or West Germany?

Doug

I'm born in east germany (and that's true!). I have had a traditional communist education (thats why I'm so carefull, if not rejected, by the commerical opensource idea :) ) and I've even learned russian in school (OK, i've had a grade 'e' in school, but still, I've learned a few words). Of course, I'm convienced that the capitalistic way will lead to its own doom (if it makes me rich before dooming itself, I will try to forgive all americans their selfish and 'evil' lifestyle as I'm not inhuman at all :)).