PDA

View Full Version : Session keepalive

Mimil
12-07-2006, 06:44 AM
Hi,

I would like to know what is the session keepalive value. I ask about that because I am always frustrated when I have to relogin after a refresh.
If I am posting about that, it is because I ve been frustrated much! Is there a way to increase to a descent usable value? (I don't know the impact on the server performance)?

Thx

Mimil
12-07-2006, 08:49 AM
Well,

perhaps you will tell me to use the checkbox "Remember me".

gmoran
12-07-2006, 11:49 AM
Ah, well that depends. Your session will still timeout after 15 minutes , even if you use remember me. You just won't have to type in your password on refresh.

Does anyone see 15 iminutes as being an unreasonable timeout limit?

kind regards,
-G

Taqua
12-07-2006, 05:23 PM
Well, on phpBB we had no timeout at all - why would you want it if auto-login is enabled. I guess it is sensible to set the timeout to an hour or two - thats not unlimited but in most if not all cases users wont run into that limit at all .. (15 minutes can be short, as sometimes you have to check sources, test cases and so on while a half-written post waits to be finished. [At least this is how I write some of the more complicated posts, maybe others have a better strategy here. But then again, I have a documented disability to understand complicated matters as long as I dont have working testcode - so it may be just me :))

Have fun,
said Thomas