PDA

View Full Version : petaho demo - blank pages

mihaip
08-13-2005, 02:03 PM
Hello,

I am glad that you have released the first version of petaho. It installs ok (windows) and looks nice.
The reporing issue : on the Eclipse BIRT Parametrized report example, there is no chart and the last two pages are empty - there is a footer on the last page, but otherwise empty.

I also have another issue about a missing feature. I tried to use gmail for sending emails, but it does not work because gmail requires SSL (STARTTSL for smtp and SSL for POP).

Good work ! The first impression is great, now I will start the real work on Petaho.

Best regards,
Mihai

jdixon
08-15-2005, 08:32 AM
We need to improve the Eclipse BIRT Parameterized report. The report definition does not include a chart and the blank pages are due to a bug in the page breaking.

We haved looked into the GMail issue for the email component and have a potential fix, could you test it for us?

James Dixon
Pentaho.org

mihaip
08-15-2005, 01:21 PM
Yes, I can test the Gmail issue. In fact, I would love to test it since I am impressed that you worked out a solution so fast.

jdixon
08-16-2005, 09:42 AM
We can dom some testing on our side, but we don't have a GMail account. We would like to have a GMail account for testing and ensuring that the fix does not break in the future. Can you send us an invite from GMail so that we can get an account? You can send it to jdixon@pentaho.org

thanks
James Dixon
Chief Geek

mihaip
08-16-2005, 10:56 AM
I just sent the gmail invite.
After creating the account, go to Settings -> Forwarding and POP, enable POP, then step 3 from POP download: Configuration Instructions -> Other.

jdixon
08-16-2005, 01:57 PM
We have added support for GMail to the platform. It will be available in the next binary and source deliverables.

Thanks to Mihai for helping us get an account at GMail.

James Dixon
Chief Geek