PDA

View Full Version : Deploying Pre-configured Demo on W2003 Server

Heeney.CS
09-14-2005, 01:21 PM
I installed the pentaho-demo.zip package on our W 2003 Server. This is a virtual server running VMWare. IIS is configured on this Virtual Server as well as MySQL and BMC Patrol agents.

When I run the "start-pentaho.bat" file the CMD that starts the application server starts but does not complete and closes before I get a chance to see where it is failing. The second CMD that initiates the database starts and completes fine.

I thought there might be a conflict with the ports so i followed the advanced instruction to change the two XML files to point to an alternate port of 8081. This change did not appear to make any difference.

Any ideas as to what might be going on or how I can debug this?

Thanks,

Chris

dmoran
09-15-2005, 06:33 AM
Chris,

From your other post, I think you may be running the previous version. See Re:Deploying Pre-configured Demo on WinXP MediaCentre for information on the latest version.

We have made some changes to the deployment in the newer version that may get you past this problem.

If the problem still occurs with the new version, add the following line at the end of the start-pentaho.bat file:

PAUSE

This will keep the window up until you press a key allowing you to see the errors. If you need more help, send us the error messages.

Thanks,
Doug Moran

Heeney.CS
09-16-2005, 08:50 AM
Thanks Doug,

One correction on our environement...we are running W2K server, not W2003 server as I had indicated.

I installed the correct package and had a similar problem. I added the pause statement and was able to determine that the start_pentaho.bat file was failing on the statement 'cd ../jboss/bin' When I changed the forward slashes to backward slashes the script ran fine and I was able to access the demo.

Thanks,

Chris