PDA

View Full Version : business integration and pentaho

nafise
09-20-2005, 11:12 PM
Hi
I was surfing the web , finding a solution that give me a good platform for business Integretion and intelligence and I found your project as the best open source business intelligence engine .
and also found some projects like :"servicemix","BIE","openadaptor" in business integration .
now the question is that :
which levels of inegration does pentaho support ?
can I do my bussiness integration with it too (I realy want to manage my business intelligence with it) ?
and also do you have any plan to be an enterprise business integration solution too?
how can I integrate pentaho with "servicemix"(website:http://servicemix.org/) an opensource jbi(jsr 208) complaint esb ?

thanks in advance

Post edited by: nafise, at: 09/21/2005 03:14

nafise
09-21-2005, 09:14 AM
Hi again
please give me a hand , whats your idea about my question?

ngoodman
09-21-2005, 10:07 AM
I believe the "data integration" is not the focus of Pentaho. Pentaho integrates a bunch of packages, their metadata, interface, etc along with adding their own workflow type engine for interacting with "things" in the Pentaho product (routing a report to someone to act on) etc.

I think if you're looking for some heavy lifting data integration / transformation you'll have to go outside Pentaho (at least in the near term). ie, there is only basic "ETL features" planned currently.

Perhaps someone from Pentaho Corp can comment on long term planning?

Nick

jdixon
10-31-2005, 05:07 AM
Hi,

Our plan is to support multiple ETL tools and allow those tools to be scheduled, integrated into workflow, and for their execution to be audited and reported on. Our aim is to support the best Open Source ETL tools along with the main commercial ones and not to write a new one from scratch.

With regards to ServiceMix you can call Pentaho using SOAP to perform any action defined within the system, so you should be able to call Pentaho from ServiceMix. We will look into tighter integration with JSR208 as well

James