PDA

View Full Version : Found exception in deploying Pentaho

piku.mishra
09-28-2005, 03:06 AM
Dear Techies,

I need a help from you. I m using the source code of Pentaho and I am trying to deploy it in our JBoss of my Organisation. I made some modification in the build.xml file. However it is working properly. After deploying in the JBoss, I am facing an Exception ie"

Post edited by: piku.mishra, at: 09/28/2005 07:12

gmoran
09-28-2005, 05:55 AM
Hello!

Great to hear you are using the source and the build process is working for you. Unfirtunately, your post was incomplete, and there was no stack trace for the exception you mentioned, nor any details. Are you recieving the exception on deployment or when you try to access the web app? Also, did you download the source zip bundle from our latest release, or are you working from CVS?

Please repost with details so we can assist you better!

best regards,
Gretchen

piku.mishra
09-29-2005, 12:43 AM
Dear Gmoron,
In response to your Answer in the forum I am giving my problem to you.
I am getting the Exception ie- org.jboss.deployment.DeploymentException
Error during deploy :nested throwable: no valid JNDI binding.

I am getting it while deploying in Jboss. Plz give me solution for this. I will bw thwnkful to you.

Piku Mishra
Systems Engineer

Post edited by: piku.mishra, at: 09/29/2005 04:52

gmoran
09-29-2005, 04:28 AM
Hi!

You are getting the exception because the Pentaho platform databases use JNDI, and they (the databases) need to be registered as JNDI sources with your JBoss server.

The process for registering a JNDI source with JBoss is diffferent depending on the version of JBoss you are using. We have detailed instructions on how to deploy to a JBoss 4.0.2 server with our 0.9.7.3 release of the platform in the Advanced Install Guide. Steps for registering JNDI sources are included.

Download the 0.9.7.3 Advanced Install Guide, and follow the tips given for a JBoss installation. I don't know what version your JBoss server is, so you may need to modify the steps in the instructions a bit.

Hope this helps, let us know how it goes,
best regards,
Gretchen