PDA

View Full Version : pentaho-data installation

cman
10-09-2005, 06:52 AM
I using Fedora Core 3 and when I run "./start_hypersonic.sh" a get an error. Then I tried to run the command in the script but using the executable java from Sun 1.5 directly and it worked.

Hope this helps some with the same problem...

gmoran
10-11-2005, 09:02 AM
Hi cman,

Thanks for the feedback. Can you give me a little more info so we can investigate the problem here:

What was the original error you received when you ran the start_hypersonic.sh? What jre/jdk were you using before you ran the command against Sun 1.5?

Thanks again,
Gretchen

Post edited by: dmoran, at: 10/11/2005 13:14

gmoran
10-12-2005, 06:33 AM
hi again cman,

Please check the permissions on the start_hypersonic.sh file - we have had a report that the scripts are not executable in the .rpm that we have for download. This will be rectified in our next release, due out before the end of next week.

To fix the problem throughout the demo (I'm assuming you are running our .rpm demo) issue the following command from the root of the pentaho-demo directory:

chmod -R +x *.sh

arthur.kalm
10-12-2005, 07:57 AM
Hi Gretchen,

In an email conversation with James Dixon I told him that the shell scripts in the zipped files (and I guess in the rpm file as well) were not set to executable by default and suggested that they should be. I believe as a matter of usability, it would benefit people if you made them executable by default.

Also, on a similar note, I had some errors with the shell scripts when executing them. If I recall correctly the error was something like:

-bash: ./start_hypersonic.sh: /bin/sh: bad interpreter: No such file or directory

This was confusing since /bin/sh was the correct location of sh. When opening the file in vi\\emacs you can see that there are carriage returns at the end of each line (it appears as ^M). It seems that the carriage return was causing problems in the #! (I'm not entirely sure why). I'm wondering if these shell scripts were written in Eclipse. If I remember correctly, Eclipse uses just newlines instead of the Windows carriage return, newline.

Regards,
Arthur Kalmenson
Web Analyst
Mount Sinai Hospital

gmoran
10-12-2005, 08:29 AM
Thanks Arthur!

We fixed the carriage return issue last release during the build - let me know if that is still causing problems. And yes, we will be resolving the executable permissions this time around - thanks for the heads up!

best regards,
Gretchen

cman
10-13-2005, 03:48 AM
Hi Gretchen,

The problem mentioned by arthur.kalm was the same the problem I had.
Maybe now it's fixed.

Regards
Carlos Nunes