PDA

View Full Version : cvs source

bamaer
10-15-2005, 10:58 PM
Hi,

I'm trying to build the project from cvs sources in Eclipse, but I keep getting errors about folder 'common/src' and 'server/shark/src'.

These folders are visible in the 'CVS Repository Exploring' perspective, but are not included when I check out the project.

Can anyone tell me if I'm doing something wrong, or what the possible solutions are?

Regards,

Bart

gmoran
10-16-2005, 05:43 PM
Hey Bart,

The directories you mentioned are referenced in the Eclipse .project file, but are not necessary for a successful build of the platform (they have been omitted from the CVS repository).

To resolve your issue:

Right-click on your project in the Navigator view of Eclipse, and choose Properties...
In the Properties dialog, select Java Build Path from the list on the left.
The first tab in the pane on the right is the 'source' tab. It is in this tab that you will see the references to the problem directories.
Select the directories in question, and press the remove button.
Close the Properties dialog, and you shouldn't see the problem anymore.
Hope this helps,
best regards,
Gretchen

bamaer
10-17-2005, 10:14 AM
Gretchen,

Thanks for your reply, this did removed the build errors, but I have compilation errors:

- The constructor StandaloneApplicationContext(String) is undefined BootstrapTest.java pentaho/server/pentaho/src/org/pentaho/test line 35
- TestAll cannot be resolved TestManager.java pentaho/server/pentaho/src/org/pentaho/test line 68
- The field PentahoSystem.applicationContext is not visible WidgetGrid.java pentaho/server/pentaho/src/org/pentaho/ui/component line 135
- The field PentahoSystem.applicationContext is not visible WidgetGrid.java pentaho/server/pentaho/src/org/pentaho/ui/component line 161

My platform is Eclipse 3.1 on Ubuntu Breezy (5.10), jdk 1.5.0.

Regards,

Bart

gmoran
10-18-2005, 10:53 AM
Hi Bart,

Thanks for bringing these to my attention. The BootStrap.java and WidgetGrid.java files should have been deleted from CVS - not sure why these updates were missed. Anyway, I deleted the files from CVS, and if you delete them from your codeline, you should be golden. Also, comment out the line of code referring to TestAll.java class - that class never worked as it should and we haven't rebuilt it yet.

Thanks for the finds!

Let me know how it goes from here :)
best regards,
Gretchen