PDA

View Full Version : error on OLAP Crosstab Spreadsheet

gskohner
10-27-2005, 05:29 PM
I loaded the new release. I got this error

Failed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: MDXBaseComponent.ERROR_0006 - !MDXBaseComponent.ERROR_0006_EXECUTE_FAILED! (org.pentaho.component.MDXDataComponent)
Debug: Starting execute of samples/reporting/MDX_report_XLS.action.xml (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: audit: instanceId=be28d1c1-4751-11da-a062-bb8ad4028ddf, objectId=org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: validateComponent validating component org.pentaho.jfree.JFreeReportComponent (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Validating component for action MDX_report_XLS.action.xml (org.pentaho.jfree.JFreeReportComponent)
Debug: Validating component for action MDX_report_XLS.action.xml (org.pentaho.component.MDXDataComponent)
Debug: Executing action sequence (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Executing action definition: Iteration {0}0 (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: audit: instanceId=be28d1c1-4751-11da-a062-bb8ad4028ddf, objectId=org.pentaho.jfree.JFreeReportComponent, messageType=component_execution_started (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: execute pre-audit (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Setting component log level to DEBUG (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Initializing component (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: executeComponent starting audited execute (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: execute validation=true (org.pentaho.jfree.JFreeReportComponent)
Debug: Setting parameter output-type to xls in report. (org.pentaho.jfree.JFreeReportComponent)
Debug: execute validation=true (org.pentaho.component.MDXDataComponent)
Error: MDXBaseComponent.ERROR_0006 - !MDXBaseComponent.ERROR_0006_EXECUTE_FAILED! (org.pentaho.component.MDXDataComponent)
Debug: executeComponent finished audited execute (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for org.pentaho.jfree.JFreeReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)

wseyler
10-28-2005, 06:34 AM
Hi,

Thank you for evaluating the BI platform.

I did some investigation into your problem. I was able to reproduce this stack trace by installing the pentaho-demo directory into a path with spaces (ie "My Documents Folder").

If your path to the pentaho-demo directory contains spaces then I recommend that you drag the pentaho-demo directory into your systems root or put it in a directory structure with no spaces and try again.

Please let me know if this works for you as I will redo the documentation to explain this problem and work towards a permanent fix.

Thank you,

Bill Seyler
Pentaho Engineer