PDA

View Full Version : Deploying Report Module only

scottgrego
11-15-2005, 12:46 PM
How do I go about deploying only the report module in an existing application?

Thanks.

gmoran
11-21-2005, 06:07 PM
Hey there,

The platform deploys as a unified application, so while you can USE just the reporting features of the platform, the rest of the platform is still installed. You COULD remove some of the third-party .jar files that deploy with the application if you are concerned about size.

I can't give you specific steps for deploying into an existing application without knowing more about your application and environment - details such as operating system, appserver, database, etc. You may find some helpful information in the Advanced Install Guide, located on our sourceforge.net site.

best regards,
Gretchen

jdixon
11-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Hi,

In general you will need to:
* deploy the JAR files into your application (see below)
* Create a StandaloneApplicationContext object
* Set the default Locale in PentahoSystem
* Initialize the PentahoSystem object
* Use the SolutionEngine to generate reports for you

When you say 'only the report module' which features are you expecting to be available?

* If you want to be able to schedule report delivery you will need the scheduler (quartz).
* If you want to use workflow to perform large bursts of reports you will need the workflow engine (shark).
* Which report engines will you be using JFreeRepotr, BIRT, or JasperReports?

Is your application a web-based application or a standalone one?
Depending on how you are generating the user interface you might not need the XSL files.

We will be creating different deployments for different purposes, e.g. reporting, to make this easier.

James

intellect
01-11-2006, 03:00 AM
hi james ,

I am working for the same as you have said , Reports has to generated and the user has to be able to mail the report or schedule it.

I am working for a web abased application.

I am having the pre-configured installation running . Here I am seeing pentaho as a suite of around 65 MB . I don't wan't to deploy the whole thing . I want to go with the things which i need in Tomcat .

Can i get any Steps for deployment ???

[ Note : In the Advance installation guide i am having steps only to deploy pentaho as a suite ]

Need advice,
sethu

Post edited by: intellect, at: 01/11/2006 07:01

adeshazor
01-12-2006, 05:08 AM
Sethu,

At this point, all of our documentation is geared toward deploying the suite. As James noted, we are working on different deployments that will make this task easier. However, at this time, we do not have any instructions that will help you beyond the Advanced Installation Guide.

Anthony

sdewar
01-27-2006, 01:33 PM
I am looking to do the same as the others... integrate into an existing web app. Any idea when when these different deployments and documentation will become available?

Thanks,
Sarah

adeshazor
02-01-2006, 03:26 PM
Sarah,

In the next week, we will have draft documentation on how to remove the "unnecessary" features of the platform. This will allow the greatest flexibility for creating customized/optimized deployments.

Anthony