PDA

View Full Version : Style sheets

gwessels
11-22-2005, 02:31 AM
Could you please provide me with a sample xml document that shows the tags I could look for in my custom style sheets that I want to use with the BIRT component.

I have figured out that there is a "filters" tag with a "name" attribute, "action" and "target" children. But what else? I'd like to be able for example to show the parameters' "Display name" and "Help text" on the form.

Thank you,

Gerhard

jdixon
11-27-2005, 01:25 PM
Hi Gerhard,

The 'filters' tag has a 'filter' child for each parameter in the form.
The 'filter' tag has a child called 'title' that has the display name.

In the release next week you will also see a child called 'help' that has the help text for the parameter. The default parameter page XSL (pentaho-solutions/system/custom/xsl/DefaultParameterForm.xsl) will include an example of how to select each piece.

<filters>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<id><![CDATA]></id>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<title><![CDATA[Eclipse BIRT Parameterized PDF Example]]></title>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<description>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<![CDATA[This is an example of a parameterized PDF report produced by Eclipse BIRT.<p>You will be first prompted for a region, valid entries are 'Eastern', 'Western', 'Southern' and 'Central'<p>A PDf containing a chart and a data table for the selected region will be generated and displayed (Adobe Acrobat plug-in required)]]>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</description>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<icon><![CDATA[BIRT-quadrant-budget-for-region-hsql.png]]></icon>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<help><![CDATA[]]></help>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<action><![CDATA[http://localhost:8080/pentaho/ViewAction?]]></action>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<filter>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;[b]<id><![CDATA[REGION]]></id>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<title><![CDATA[Region]]></title>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<help><![CDATA[this is help text]]></help>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<control>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input id="REGION" class="portlet-form-field" type="radio" name="REGION" value="Central" title="" checked="checked"/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span id="REGION-label" class="portlet-form-field-label">Central</span>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input id="REGION" class="portlet-form-field" type="radio" name="REGION" value="Eastern" title=""/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span id="REGION-label" class="portlet-form-field-label">Eastern</span>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input id="REGION" class="portlet-form-field" type="radio" name="REGION" value="Western" title=""/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span id="REGION-label" class="portlet-form-field-label">Western</span>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input id="REGION" class="portlet-form-field" type="radio" name="REGION" value="Southern" title=""/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span id="REGION-label" class="portlet-form-field-label">Southern</span>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<span id="REGION-required" class="required-symbol"/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</control>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;</filter>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="hidden" name="solution" value="samples"/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="hidden" name="action" value="BIRT-quadrant-budget-for-region-hsql.action.xml"/>
&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;&nbsp;<input type="hidden" name="path" value="reporting"/>
</filters>

James

gwessels
11-29-2005, 04:12 AM
Thank you James.