PDA

View Full Version : installation issue with RC1 on Tomcat

schopra
12-06-2005, 05:46 PM
I just installed RC 1 on tomcat5.5 most of the install works, but I get the following error, when I try and retrieve sample data from the getting started link.

Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - Database connection could not be established to: SampleData (org.pentaho.component.SQLDataComponent)
Debug: Starting execute of samples/reporting/JFree_Quad.xaction (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: audit: instanceId=b616f5a8-66c1-11da-9ef0-955ba74e0e4e, objectId=org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: ConnectFactory.ERROR_0001 - Database connection could not be established to: SampleData (org.pentaho.component.SQLDataComponent)
Error: SQLBaseComponent.ERROR_0006 - Could not execute JFree_Quad.xaction (org.pentaho.component.SQLDataComponent)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for org.pentaho.jfree.JFreeReportComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)

gmoran
12-09-2005, 06:59 AM
It looks like there is a disconnect between the application and the SampleData database.

SampleData is one of four databases that are started when you run the hypersonic_start.bat file. Have you executed the hypersonic_start.bat file (in the pentaho-data/pentaho-demo directory)? Check the messages in the startup console window for that batch file - do you see a message similar to the one following, or any errors?

[Server@13c5982]: Database [index=0, id=0, db=file:«»sampledata\\sampledata, alias=
sampledata] opened sucessfully in 266 ms.

If the database has started up OK, then the next place to check for problems is your server.xml file - Did you add the lines of XML (configuration for the application server to talk to the databases) from the Advanced Install Guide to your server.xml file? Look closely, is there possibly a typo in there (the pain of hand editing config files :pinch: )?

Also can you run any of the other samples? Any reports, rules, datasources? Let me know which samples error (if not all of them) and which succeed, that will help us narrow down the problem.

Let me know how it goes!
best regards,
Gretchen