PDA

View Full Version : Customising JSP

DanielG
12-08-2005, 03:56 AM
I have been evaluating Pentaho for a week (using the preconfigured install), congratulations on this fine project.

This is a steep learning curve for me, and having added security through Jboss, I now wish to customise the web pages before providing demonstrations to potential users.

Is it possible to change the text in the header of the jsp pages?, I have spent a few days trying to locate how to do this but alas I still have much to learn. Could you please point me in the right direction ?

Apologies if this is not the place to ask such questions - Delete away!

DanielG

gmoran
12-09-2005, 07:53 AM
Hi Daniel,

Glad you are having success with the platform! The styling of the platform is completely customizable, once you know where to find things. We are working on some documentation that will help with this. Until that is ready, here are some places to look for resources that you wish to change:

The css stylesheets and images used for the platform demo are located in the /server/default/deploy/pentaho-style.war directory. If you are familiar with css, you should find that you can customize a good majority of the look and feel from the files in that directory.

There is a file named template.html located in /system/custom directory. This html file is the template that lays out the demo pages. If you want to change the layout, this is the file to modify.

The text in the top of the JSPs comes from the .properties files in the directory /server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/classes/org/pentaho/ui/messages.properties.
You can change the JSP titles there.

The main title for the platform "Pentaho BI Platform" can be changed in the /server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/classes/org/pentaho/system/messages.properties file.

You may be seeing a pattern here - if a string you want to change cannot be found in one of the resources listed above, search the *.properties files in the /server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/classes/org/pentaho tree - 99.95% of our text is in one of these properties files.

Best regards,
Gretch