PDA

View Full Version : Workbench error

ang75
12-15-2005, 03:26 AM
I have installed the Pentaho Workbench Beta 2 plug-in for Eclipse, its icon appears on toolbar and so on. However, I have realized the following:

1 - When I try to edit any xaction (clicking on "Open File" and choosing the file) , the plug-in doesn't recognize any archive as a valid one (I get a error message "Unable to create this part due to an internal error. Reason for the failure: Invalid Input: Must be IFileEditorInput" - see details bellow/attached);

2 - When I create a new Project, it was unable to choose any available template of workbench

What could it be the problem? In time: I have used the jpivot plug-in for Eclipse in order to create a mondrian schema and it seems to be very practical (at least, I could finally create my own schema). I think it could be spent efforts in order to develop a graphical database and MDX/SQL editor due to Eclipse plug-in (without programming)
Thanks for a while

org.eclipse.ui.PartInitException: Invalid Input: Must be IFileEditorInput
at org.pentaho.workbench.editors.actionsequence.ASMultiPageEditor.init(ASMultiPageEditor.java:93)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createSite(EditorManager.java:778)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPartHelper(EditorReference.java:596)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorReference.createPart(EditorReference.java:384)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPartReference.getPart(WorkbenchPartReference.java:552)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartPane.setVisible(PartPane.java:283)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.PresentablePart.setVisible(PresentablePart.java:126)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.PresentablePartFolder.select(PresentablePartFolder.java:268)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.LeftToRightTabOrder.select(LeftToRightTabOrder.java:65)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.presentations.util.TabbedStackPresentation.selectPart(TabbedStackPresentation.java:391)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.refreshPresentationSelection(PartStack.java:1102)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.setSelection(PartStack.java:1051)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.showPart(PartStack.java:1256)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PartStack.add(PartStack.java:442)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorStack.add(EditorStack.java:109)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorSashContainer.addEditor(EditorSashContainer.java:60)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addToLayout(EditorAreaHelper.java:212)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorAreaHelper.addEditor(EditorAreaHelper.java:202)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.createEditorTab(EditorManager.java:758)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditorFromDescriptor(EditorManager.java:665)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.EditorManager.openEditor(EditorManager.java:628)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditorBatched(WorkbenchPage.java:2360)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.busyOpenEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2295)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.access$9(WorkbenchPage.java:2287)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage$9.run(WorkbenchPage.java:2273)
at org.eclipse.swt.custom.BusyIndicator.showWhile(BusyIndicator.java:69)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2268)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WorkbenchPage.openEditor(WorkbenchPage.java:2241)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.OpenExternalFileAction.run(OpenExternalFileAction.java:129)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.editors.text.OpenExternalFileAction.run(OpenExternalFileAction.java:98)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.PluginAction.runWithEvent(PluginAction.java:246)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.WWinPluginAction.runWithEvent(WWinPluginAction.java:223)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.handleWidgetSelection(ActionContributionItem.java:538)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem.access$2(ActionContributionItem.java:488)
at org.eclipse.jface.action.ActionContributionItem$5.handleEvent(ActionContributionItem.java:400)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.EventTable.sendEvent(EventTable.java:66)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Widget.sendEvent(Widget.java:843)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.runDeferredEvents(Display.java:3080)
at org.eclipse.swt.widgets.Display.readAndDispatch(Display.java:2713)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runEventLoop(Workbench.java:1699)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.runUI(Workbench.java:1663)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.Workbench.createAndRunWorkbench(Workbench.java:367)
at org.eclipse.ui.PlatformUI.createAndRunWorkbench(PlatformUI.java:143)
at org.eclipse.ui.internal.ide.IDEApplication.run(IDEApplication.java:103)
at org.eclipse.core.internal.runtime.PlatformActivator$1.run(PlatformActivator.java:226)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:376)
at org.eclipse.core.runtime.adaptor.EclipseStarter.run(EclipseStarter.java:163)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:585)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.invokeFramework(Main.java:334)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.basicRun(Main.java:278)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.run(Main.java:973)
at org.eclipse.core.launcher.Main.main(Main.java:948) http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/EclpseError.txt

arodriguez
12-15-2005, 12:23 PM
Thanks for trying out the workbench.

The Open File problem you described is a bug which has been fixed. It will be available in the next release. As a work around make sure the xaction your trying to open is within one of your workbench projects. You should then be able to open it by double-clicking within the Package Explorer View.

I can't reproduce the second problem you described. After you create your project select File->New->New Action Sequence Wizard. The wizard dialog that pops up should have a template combo box where you can choose your desired template. I'm working with Eclipse 3.1 on a Windows XP box. What's your configuration?

crouchm
01-09-2006, 08:44 AM
arodriguez wrote:

Thanks for trying out the workbench.

The Open File problem you described is a bug which has been fixed. It will be available in the next release. As a work around make sure the xaction your trying to open is within one of your workbench projects. You should then be able to open it by double-clicking within the Package Explorer View.

I can't reproduce the second problem you described. After you create your project select File->New->New Action Sequence Wizard. The wizard dialog that pops up should have a template combo box where you can choose your desired template. I'm working with Eclipse 3.1 on a Windows XP box. What's your configuration?

Hi! I'm having the same error on the template. I'm working w/Eclipse 3.1 on Windows XP and have downloaded latest pluggin - 0.8.3.1 from sourceforge. The problem is the template combo box is never loaded with the actual templates - you get an empty box. I looked at the xml files, but could not find where it was loading the templates (figured it might be located in a different path). I assume the jar file has something in it that is loading the templates and indicating the path to look for - but I have not downloaded your source code to look at this. Any suggestions will be most appreciated, thanks!

arodriguez
01-12-2006, 07:17 AM
Inside of the Pentaho workbench plugin directory there should be a templates directory. That is where the templates are kept. My eclipse installation is located at c:/eclipse. I downloaded and unzipped the Pentaho workbench plugin zip file into c:/eclipse. After completing this step I could see my templates in the C:/eclipse/plugins/org.pentaho.workbench.editors.actionsequence_0.8.3.1\\templates directory. I run eclipse then select File->New->Other. I then select "New Action Sequence Wizard" inside the "Pentaho Wizards" folder. After selecting "Next" the Action Sequence Wizard appears and the Template combo box has the templates listed.

Please confirm that these are the steps you have also taken. I'm having some difficulty reproducing the problem you describe.

Post edited by: arodriguez, at: 01/12/2006 11:18

robpower
01-12-2006, 08:25 AM
I just downloaded and installed the latest beta (2) and copied in the latest plugins a few days ago, and I'm having the same issue -- the templates dropdown doesn't populate. I can confirm all of the steps you mentioned (except I've installed in c:/pentahoworkbench instead of c:/eclipse -- would that matter?). So I can see the template files in my /PentahoWorkbench/plugins/org.pentaho.workbench.editors.actionsequence_0.8.3.1/templates folder. But even after closing and reopening workbench, the templates dropdown does not propulate in the new action sequence wizard dialog.

Post edited by: robpower, at: 01/12/2006 12:27

Sorry about the forward slashes. I need to go to the board help to figure out how to make back slashes display properly.

Post edited by: robpower, at: 01/12/2006 12:29

ang75
01-12-2006, 09:18 AM
After I have downloaded the last version of Pentaho, it seems that this problem was fixed. In order to edit the files, you are supposed to create a copy of Pentaho archives and paste them inside a Eclipse workspace project directory.

Best Regards

robpower
01-12-2006, 10:09 AM
Okay, it was the folder name. I moved everything to c:/Eclipse, and it's working fine now. Is this because everything is hard-coded to c:/Eclipse, or because my directory name was too long (or too deep)? In either case, this should probably be addressed, since it's not standard for Windows apps to be so picky about what directory the app is installed in.

arodriguez
01-12-2006, 10:22 AM
I've seen problems when there are spaces in the path name. This may have caused your problem. I'll continue to look into it. Thanks for the info.

crouchm
01-13-2006, 10:57 AM
I figure you are correct in the folder name being an issue. Mine is located inside program files/eclipse (I installed the pluggin in a version of Eclipse I was already using).

Have not had a chance to move it and test the theory though. Thanks for your suggestions.