PDA

View Full Version : Dashboard approach?

rrich
01-12-2006, 07:14 AM
Does the dashboard concept require the portal, or can it live on its own?

I'm trying to build a solution for reporting web application performance statistics for a customer, and they have no need for authentication to access the data. I would just like a dashboard with some high level metrics, from which they could drill into specific applications or use cases.

Luuzz
01-12-2006, 12:52 PM
Hi, Rich
You can remove authentification control in the portlet in the portlet.xml file.
Just add a preference named secure with false value.

Post edited by: Luuzz, at: 01/12/2006 16:54

Post edited by: Luuzz, at: 01/12/2006 16:55

jdixon
01-23-2006, 08:12 AM
The dashboard concept does not require a portal. You can embed the controls into your own page and handle the layout and navigation on your own.

As Luuzz points out you can turn off the authentication and use the JBoss Portal without it.

To change the demo dashboard so that the portlets do not require login open pentaho-demo/jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/portlet.xml

and add this

<preference>
<name>secure</name>
<value>false</value>
</preference>

to the preferences section of these portlet definitions.

RegionFilter, Widget-Grid-Example1, PieChart-Example, EmbeddedReportPortlet

When you do this the portlets themselves do not require you to login however the RegionFilter portlet is populated by session-based lists that get populated when you login. To change this behavior you need to modify the definition of the RegionFilter portlet. I am not sure if you are interested in doing this for your dashboard or not.

James

gstro
03-25-2006, 07:20 PM
How would one go about embedding the dashboard controls in a page?

James Dixon wrote:
[quote]The dashboard concept does not require a portal. You can embed the controls into your own page and handle the layout and navigation on your own.

peter
03-27-2006, 03:39 AM
I have copy code from WidgetGripPortal , then I create a widgetGrid.jsp and paste , config and run it.
but reutrn a blank page to me.

so I debug it, WidgetGridComponent's content variable is
or **.

[code]