PDA

View Full Version : Generating charts from OLAP server

alemoreno
01-23-2006, 02:26 AM
I'm using Pentaho for doing my degree final project. I want to use Pentaho for answering MDX queries and the result is displayed in a chart.
If I have understood well, JFreeReport allows generating reports from MDX queries, but it cannot generate charts. With BIRT and JasperReports, you can show charts in the reports but they cannot connect to any OLAP server.
I would want to know if support for charts in JFreeReport or support for OLAP server in BIRT or Jasper will be avalaible soon.

jdixon
01-23-2006, 02:59 PM
If you only want to do charts with MDX you should use the Pivot page.

The best way to get there is:

1. Make sure you are running the latest version of the demo (V1.0.0.1)

2. Try this URL (it will work if you are running the default configuration on your local machine:

http://localhost:8080/pentaho/Pivot?solution=samples&path=analysis&action=query1.xaction

If this does not work navigate through the samples to 'Samples and Examples' -> 'Analysis Examples' -> 'Slice and Dice'

3. Once here you can click on the MDX button to provide your MDX or use the 'Cube' icon to generate an MDX query using the UI.

4. You can view a chart of the data by clicking the chart button and edit the chart options using the other chart icon (the one with the checkbox)

I hope this helps you.

James