PDA

View Full Version : BIRT drill through

freshasp
01-26-2006, 09:30 AM
I need one BIRT report to be able to drill through to another one, ie. data on one report is hyperlinked to an xaction file to render a new report.

I set up the hyperlink property in the main BIRT report. It appears correctly in the BIRT preview but is not rendered at all when viewed through Pentaho. The report displays without error but the data is not hyperlinked.

How can I set this up? A quick response would be much appreciated as I am up against a close deadline.

Many thanks!
Paul

adeshazor
01-26-2006, 10:23 AM
Paul,

We'll look into this and get back to you. However, I don't believe there's anything special we are doing with BIRT reports that would remove functionality.

Anthony

freshasp
01-26-2006, 10:28 AM
Thanks Antony - I am continuing to investigate the problem too as it's a showstopper. If I come up with a solution or work around, I'll post it here.

Paul

freshasp
01-26-2006, 10:36 AM
This is pretty easy to test. In BIRT if you add a label anywhere on your report and in the label's hyperlink property put any url you fancy. In BIRT preview the link displays fine.

Go to Pentaho and view the report. The label will be there, but it will be basic text without a link (unless it's something wrong with my environment!).

Paul

PS: if you switch the .xaction file to output PDF, FO or FOP rather than HTML the link comes through ok!

Post edited by: freshasp, at: 01/26/2006 14:39

Post edited by: freshasp, at: 01/26/2006 14:47

freshasp
01-26-2006, 02:04 PM
I have still not managed to get hyperlinks to work in BIRT reports. Given this showstopper I decided to switch to iReport for the top level report with the links. Guess what? Pentaho strips out the links for those reports too! :(

I'm running out of options.... not sure what to try next? Any ideas?

adeshazor
01-26-2006, 02:54 PM
Paul,

After searching and talking with the other developers, this is a known issue. A work around is available in this thread http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=25917. The change will be in our next public build of the platform. I hope this helps.

Anthony

freshasp
01-27-2006, 03:11 AM
Thanks! I am not setup to recompile the Pentaho source, and the documentation only covers doing a CVS based build which isn't going to help me as I guess I could easily pick up other changes?

I don't suppose the fixed classes are available anywhere? I would normally be happy to wait but I have to deliver a project by Monday!