PDA

View Full Version : Problem in scheduling

Sethu
01-28-2006, 07:18 AM
hi

I am working with pentaho 1.0.0.0 vesion and trying to deploy it in the tomcat server [ 5.5.9 ]

I have customized the scheduler with the last version and trying to use the same here also . Then I am able to see my changes working fine when running in jboss [ pre confgured installation ]

Now i want to change it to tomcat . I am fine with running the BIRT reports and mailing the same

but when i go for the sheduler it in saying that the action sequence was not successful execution and throwing the error as follows

Failed
Error: Unable to get an instance of the scheduler (org.pentaho.component.JobSchedulerComponent)

Debug: Starting execute of samples/scheduler/SchedulerTest_new_cron_job.xaction (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: audit: instanceId=ee0dad0f-9009-11da-b894-f90cc251f8c3, objectId=org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: validateComponent validating component org.pentaho.component.JobSchedulerComponent (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Validating component for action SchedulerTest_new_cron_job.xaction (org.pentaho.component.JobSchedulerComponent)
Debug: Executing action sequence (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Executing action definition: Iteration {0}0 (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: audit: instanceId=ee0dad0f-9009-11da-b894-f90cc251f8c3, objectId=org.pentaho.component.JobSchedulerComponent, messageType=component_execution_started (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: execute pre-audit (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Setting component log level to DEBUG (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Initializing component (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: Unable to get an instance of the scheduler (org.pentaho.component.JobSchedulerComponent)
Debug: audit: instanceId=ee0dad0f-9009-11da-b894-f90cc251f8c3, objectId=org.pentaho.component.JobSchedulerComponent, messageType=component_execution_failed (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0016 - Initialization of component failed (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for org.pentaho.component.JobSchedulerComponent did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)

and i have attached the pentahoAuditLogWith this http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/PentahoAuditLog.log

then i have pasted the default context just above

can any one tell me what may be the error

regards,
sethu

jdixon
01-28-2006, 02:46 PM
Can you post the server.log from pentaho-demo/jboss/server/default/log

It looks like Quartz (the scheduler) is not running successfully. We will look at the log file and see if we can tell you what the problem is.

thanks,

James

intellect
01-29-2006, 10:07 PM
hi

I am not working with jboss
i am working with tomcat 5.5.9

I am not getting anything regarding quartz on the log file of tomcat

I got information only on the two places which i have mentioned on the previous post

Is there any configuration file for quartz ...

regards,
sethu

mbatchelor
01-30-2006, 10:56 AM
Hi there,

It seems that Apache changed their format for the resource definitions in Tomcat 5.5.

Here's the page of examples to follow from their website:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.5-doc/jndi-datasource-examples-howto.html

Hope this helps,

Marc