PDA

View Full Version : Oracle 10g Application Server

TailWind
02-03-2006, 07:17 AM
Has anybody got Any experience or recommendations for deploying onto the Oracle 10g Application Server?

ngoodman
02-03-2006, 10:35 AM
No experience, but I too will be trying this soon enough.

Luckily (being based on Orion) the Oracle AS gets high marks for easy deployment compared to others. I'll see if I come to the same conclusions as others.

I'll be attempting this in the next few weeks and will report on my findings... however, if you beat me to it, please do post any insight on the matter.

Nick

mbatchelor
02-03-2006, 10:56 AM
Essentially, you'll need to build an Orion-compatible EAR file. I did some work on this a while back, and had much success deploying the EAR. But creating the EAR for Orion was a little fiddly. Particularly in the area of datasources.

In the final analysis, I ended up modifying the data-sources.xml myself as the deployment was ignoring the datasources I specified in the EAR. But everything else seemed to get deployed just fine.

In creating the EAR though, I jar'd up the Pentaho classes into a JAR and put it in the META-INF/lib directory (I believe) and made the appropriate references to the file in the EAR deployment descriptor.

If you have any experience with Orion (or 10g AS), and come up with some cookie-cutter steps for easy deployment, we'd love to incorporate the changes in our ANT build so that it'll be easier to deploy to Orion for others in the future.

Please share your experiences in this forum so we can make life easier for the whole community!

sjitesh
10-05-2006, 03:47 PM
Did anyone was able to deploy EAR file in Oracle 10g AS. I am still having issues even after changing/correcting datasources issue.