PDA

View Full Version : deploying the BI framework on tomcat 5.0

ghayou
02-08-2006, 09:06 AM
hello,
i do read the advanced installation guide but it seems to be not clear for me wether i did perfectely install the demonstration of the pentaho framework.
i also wanna let you know that i had followed all the instrunctions for deplying the pentaho on tomcat (i use tomcat5.0.28).

but when i execute the http query(localhost:80808\\pentaho)

the web server throw the message
"La ressource demandée (/pentaho) n'est pas disponible."
what should i do?

i'm waiting for any suggestions
see you soon,

Post edited by: ghayou, at: 02/08/2006 13:30

tutor
02-08-2006, 10:43 AM
I too am having a 'nightmare' of a time with setting this up on Tomcat as well.

The demo came off just fine (< 30min), ant build under J2EE deployments just fine. But everything else has been a nightmare...

Not a newbie (already deployed Crystal and MS SQL Server Reporting Services in < 5 days).

Going insane with this after 5 days...

My environment:

Tomcat 5.0.25
Eclipse 3.1
Ant 1.6.2
JRE 1.4.2_05-b04

pulled from the CVS as prescribed...
created the directory tree as recommended...
created the 3 Eclipse projects as recommend...

have not been able to get this to build via ant and have been fighting it ever since...

If there's anyone out there who can identify the steps required, just to get the 'vanilla' setup to run as a war under Tomcat, I'd be very grateful. If anyone in Michigan, US, I'll even drive there to work this out...

Rob
tutor@ebiz-developer.com

mbatchelor
02-08-2006, 07:26 PM
Rob,

I'm sorry you're having difficulties with the platform under Tomcat 5.0. We've tested previous builds of the platform under this configuration with no problems. But, we've been having some build dependency issues recently, and we hope to get those worked out.

In the meantime, I'll see if I can get one of the team members to get the platform deployed under Tomcat 5.0 to see where the problems are.

I'll try to get information back to you by Friday of this week.

Sorry for the inconvenience,

Marc

ghayou
02-09-2006, 03:26 AM
Marc,

good morning everybody,

its so nice from you to give such interest to my problem.
i hope you can find out the solution...
thanking you in advance

Youssef,

bhagan
02-10-2006, 07:35 AM
Hello Youssef,

From your original post, it appears that you have typed the url to the pentaho webapp incorrectly:

localhost:80808pentaho

Try typing http://localhost:8080/pentaho

I have just finished deploying the pentaho.war to tomcat 5.0. Following the Advanced Install Guide I,
- Copied the hsqldb.jar to \\common\\endorsed\\lib
- Added the element to the element in the server.xml
- Added the JNDI datasource mappings to the element
- Dropped the pentaho.war into the webapp directory
- Started the server

Let us know how it goes,
Brian

bhagan
02-10-2006, 07:48 AM
Hello Rob,

Currently, we are having some cvs issues that may be causing you problems if you are attempting to build directly from a cvs pull (http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=25918)

You could try using the source distribution that is available in the pentaho_j2ee_deployments-.zip.

Also the Advanced Install Guide provides instructions for not only building the project, but also for deploying the pentaho.war. I posted a response to Yousseff in this thread that outlines the procedure.

Try deploying the pentaho.war and let the the community know if you need more information. We'll check back.

- Brian

tutor
02-13-2006, 05:21 AM
hi

ok, propbably explains it...

only get a 143K war file from the build (with things changed so the only the Tomcat .war is built). seems to only be building the jpivot stuff.

let me know how to continue.

also, I'm java boy for only the first half of the week and .net boy with another group for the second half.

rob

tutor
02-13-2006, 05:55 AM
couple of questions:

1. what do you put under the WEB-INF folder for classes, lib, etc.?
2. Eclipse puts it's own context in for the poject in server.xml (should this be commented out for the time being?).
3. when I go to http://localhost:8080/pentaho, all I get is directory listings. (whereas everything else under Tomcat is OK (ie. Admin/ActiveBPEL/etc.
4. what are the CVS changes I need to shadow on my end now, in order to build/deploy this from Eclipse v3.1/Ant 1.6.5. can somebody send/post the directory tree so we can fix this on our end?

rob

tutor
02-13-2006, 06:10 AM
web.xml under webapps\\pentaho\\WEB-INF, what needs to happen here if I'm doing this all by hand?

rob

tutor
02-13-2006, 06:53 AM
can't start the .war even via Tomcat manager.

looking at the logs to make sense of this.

rob

tutor
02-13-2006, 07:13 AM
based on what I'm seeing from the Tomcat logs, some of the listeners are failing (here's just 1 line copy)...

2006-02-13 09:40:01 StandardContext[/pentaho]Error configuring application listener of class com.tonbeller.tbutils.res.ResourcesFactoryContextListener

+
org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener
org.pentaho.session.PentahoHttpSessionListener

rob

adeshazor
02-14-2006, 06:16 AM
If you would like a "working" model of a deployed war to which you can compare your war, download the preconfigured demo from Source Forge. The demo contains the Pentaho war deployed in JBoss in the jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war directory of the demo. The overall directory structure of your war should be similar.

If you are still having problems, can you attach the Tomcat log as a post? I suspect Tomcat cannot find the listener classes declared in the web.xml.

Anthony

tutor
02-14-2006, 07:34 AM
here is the Tomcat startup:

2006-02-14 10:00:13 StandardContext[/balancer]org.apache.webapp.balancer.BalancerFilter: init(): ruleChain: [org.apache.webapp.balancer.RuleChain: [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.URLStringMatchRule: Target string: News / Redirect URL: http://www.cnn.com], [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.RequestParameterRule: Target param name: paramName / Target param value: paramValue / Redirect URL: http://www.yahoo.com], [org.apache.webapp.balancer.rules.AcceptEverythingRule: Redirect URL: http://jakarta.apache.org]]
2006-02-14 10:00:14 StandardContext[/jsp-examples]ContextListener: contextInitialized()
2006-02-14 10:00:14 StandardContext[/jsp-examples]SessionListener: contextInitialized()
2006-02-14 10:00:15 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]ContextListener: contextInitialized()
2006-02-14 10:00:15 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]SessionListener: contextInitialized()
2006-02-14 10:00:20 StandardContext[/pentaho]Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener
java.lang.ExceptionInInitializerError
at org.pentaho.audit.AuditEntry.(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.audit.AuditHelper.audit(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.session.BaseSession.(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.session.StandaloneSession.(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.session.StandaloneSession.(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.system.PentahoSystem.init(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3805)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4321)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:613)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:431)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:964)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:349)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1091)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:476)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2298)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:284)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:422)
Caused by: java.lang.NullPointerException
at java.lang.Class.forName0(Native Method)
at java.lang.Class.forName(Class.java:141)
... 32 more

2006-02-14 10:01:29 StandardContext[/jsp-examples]SessionListener: contextDestroyed()
2006-02-14 10:01:29 StandardContext[/jsp-examples]ContextListener: contextDestroyed()
2006-02-14 10:01:31 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]SessionListener: contextDestroyed()
2006-02-14 10:01:31 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]ContextListener: contextDestroyed()

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Events:

1. no problem - created the pentaho.war file under \\dist\\tomcat5 w/o issue.

2. no problem - Copy the hsqldb.jar from pentaho-third-party directory to \\common\\endorsed
directory, where is the root directory of your Tomcat application server.

3. problem - tomcat administration for registering context for 'jdbc/Quartz','jdbc/SampleData','jdbc/Shark' under Pentaho isn't staying persistent (think #4 is the issue)
4. problem - the text on page 9 of the Installation Guide in the server.xml creates the context, however, there's some sort of error in the text,
since it creates the context, but doesn't load the values for url, class, user, pwd via Tomcat Administration (Admin screen)
5. problem - eclipse v3.1 project setup created as described for pulling the CVS. compiles fine. Deployment doesn't work worth a 'hill of beans'
(changed the project tag in build.xml to only build the tomcat war), all I get is a 143K .war with some of the jpivot stuff in it.

tried loading/deploying the vanilla .war under different webapp directories ('pentaho_v1','psreports' just for a drill), but al I see this the pentaho.war file displayed in a directory view when I go to http://localhost:8080/pentaho_v1 or http://localhost:8080/psreports.

6. no problem - demo runs, just fine via the start-pentaho.bat (unfortunately, none of the developers use JBoss - WebSphere Portal would be the target, if and when we can get this thing to run).

7. problem- tried unzipping everything in the tomcat pentaho.war and moving it to /pentaho (to not run as a .war, but still other issues).

8. question - does this standard .war deployment require me to run any other .bat file to make things run? (like the hqsl database startup?)

thanks
rob
(c) 734 604-0039 http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/pentaho_install_issues.txt

tutor
02-14-2006, 11:14 AM
error on startup from log:

2006-02-14 14:02:45 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]ContextListener: contextInitialized()
2006-02-14 14:02:45 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]SessionListener: contextInitialized()
2006-02-14 14:04:47 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: init: Associated with Deployer 'localhost'
2006-02-14 14:04:47 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: init: Global resources are available
2006-02-14 14:04:47 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: list: Listing contexts for virtual host 'localhost'
2006-02-14 14:04:54 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: start: Starting web application at '/pentaho'
2006-02-14 14:04:58 StandardContext[/pentaho]Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener
at org.pentaho.audit.AuditEntry.(AuditEntry.java:46)
at org.pentaho.audit.AuditHelper.audit(AuditHelper.java:63)
at org.pentaho.session.BaseSession.(BaseSession.java:52)
at org.pentaho.session.StandaloneSession.(StandaloneSession.java:49)
at org.pentaho.session.StandaloneSession.(StandaloneSession.java:40)
at org.pentaho.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:122)
at org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.listenerStart(StandardContext.java:3805)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.start(StandardHostDeployer.java:830)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:991)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.ManagerServlet.start(ManagerServlet.java:1322)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.start(HTMLManagerServlet.java:529)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:104)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardPipeline.invoke(StandardPipeline.java:520)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:540)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardValveContext.invokeNext(StandardValveContext.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.invoke(ContainerBase.java:929)
at org.apache.coyote.tomcat5.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:160)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:793)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:702)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.TcpWorkerThread.runIt(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:571)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:644)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:534)
at org.pentaho.audit.AuditEntry.(AuditEntry.java:41)
... 41 more

tutor
02-14-2006, 11:24 AM
see what you are recommending for JNDI setup, but I would do this differently.

please see the attached screenshot.

rob

tutor
02-14-2006, 11:28 AM
would be nice if your file upload didn't let you select files with spaces in the names (vs. what it does now - let's you select it, then it blows up on the upload because of the filename containing spaces).'

please see attached...

rob

tutor
02-14-2006, 11:32 AM
whomever setup your forum server needs a good slap in the back of the head...

how is anyone suppose to take a screenshot and post it here if your limit is 50K?

even when I cut out the portion of the jpeg which is relevant, I still can't get a JPEG < 100K? http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/defaultcontextV2.zip

tutor
02-14-2006, 12:13 PM
down to this now:

is there some sort of Log4J setup required here?

2006-02-14 15:01:05 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: list: Listing contexts for virtual host 'localhost'
2006-02-14 15:01:08 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: start: Starting web application at '/pentaho'
2006-02-14 15:01:11 StandardContext[/pentaho]Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener
at org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener.java:102)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.start(StandardHostDeployer.java:830)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.start(HTMLManagerServlet.java:529)
at org.apache.catalina.manager.HTMLManagerServlet.doGet(HTMLManagerServlet.java:104)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:237)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:157)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:214)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invokeInternal(StandardContextValve.java:198)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:152)
at org.apache.catalina.authenticator.AuthenticatorBase.invoke(AuthenticatorBase.java:540)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:137)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:117)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:109)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:702)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.threads.ThreadPool$ControlRunnable.run(ThreadPool.java:644)
... 41 more

tutor
02-14-2006, 12:22 PM
hi marc

and thanks for your efforts.

I pulled v1.1.1.0 today from sourceforge, did some changes outside of what was recommended in the installation guide.

however, the chunk of code which is failing seems to have your name on it (AuditEntry.java, under \\org\\pentaho\\audit\\):

2006-02-14 15:01:05 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: list: Listing contexts for virtual host 'localhost'
2006-02-14 15:01:08 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: start: Starting web application at '/pentaho'
2006-02-14 15:01:11 StandardContext[/pentaho]Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener
... 41 more

is there something audit related that needs to be done? (like a log4j file/directory/etc.)

rob
PS My boss just told me that he wants me to 'pull the plug' if I can't get this thing going by tomorrow. which is a damn shame, since this is a big 3 (US) automotive pilot.

adeshazor
02-15-2006, 10:25 AM
Rob,

Sorry for all of the frustration and confusion. Since you are facing a hard deadline, is there anyway to use the demo for your proof of concept until we can resolve the issues?

Anthony

tutor
02-15-2006, 10:47 AM
hi tony

I used the demo already w/o issue (which got folks excited in the first place).

I got pulled into it because I was the fella who already setup Crystal and MS SSRS in the past here. (Not to mention the only person who's developed (in the past) with Eclipse v2 - others here are all JBuilder or Websphere.)

I was pretty explicit as far as what the null pointer exception was on startup, but haven't heard a peep back from anybody.

rob

adeshazor
02-15-2006, 11:27 AM
From the stack trace you posted yesterday, I think I see the problem. Have you edited your web.xml in the WEB-INF to set the location of the solution repository as the value of the "solution-path" context parameter? If no value is set, we look for the directory "pentaho-solutions" starting in the WEB-INF directory and then each parent directory. The AuditEntry class assumes that the configuration file pentaho.xml can be found in the system directory of the solution. We will update our code to more gracefully handle the event the solution or the file cannot be found. A working solution can be downloaded from source forge http://prdownloads.sourceforge.net/pentaho/pentaho_solutions-1.1.1.0.zip?download.

I hope that helps...

Anthony

tutor
02-18-2006, 08:48 AM
hi

just hit something further on down in startup.

can I ask you this, can you post or send me an e-mail (tutor@ebiz-developer.com) being specific about what directories/files need to be under /pentaho (META-INF, WEB-INF/classes/lib, etc., .war under webapps, etc.)?

err log:

2006-02-18 10:49:55 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]ContextListener: contextInitialized()
2006-02-18 10:49:55 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]SessionListener: contextInitialized()
2006-02-18 10:50:12 StandardContext[/pentaho]Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of class org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:823)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:807)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:595)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostDeployer.install(StandardHostDeployer.java:277)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.install(StandardHost.java:832)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:613)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:431)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:964)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:349)
at org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1091)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:789)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1083)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:478)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:476)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:2298)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:556)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
at sun.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:39)
at sun.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:25)
at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:324)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:284)
at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:422)
... 31 more

2006-02-18 10:53:33 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: init: Associated with Deployer 'localhost'
2006-02-18 10:53:33 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: init: Global resources are available
2006-02-18 10:53:33 StandardContext[/manager]HTMLManager: list: Listing contexts for virtual host 'localhost'
2006-02-18 11:09:02 StandardContext[/jsp-examples]SessionListener: contextDestroyed()
2006-02-18 11:09:02 StandardContext[/jsp-examples]ContextListener: contextDestroyed()
2006-02-18 11:09:06 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]SessionListener: contextDestroyed()
2006-02-18 11:09:06 StandardContext[/servlets-examples]ContextListener: contextDestroyed()

tutor
02-20-2006, 06:32 AM
hi

if I place the contents of this zip under web-inf, something is overriding the normal pentaho.xml under /conf and thus the JNDI definitions (which are usually persisted under Tomcat context/resource are getting cleared).

the standard for Tomcat is here:

http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-5.0-doc/config/context.html

fourth paragraph down.

rob

tutor
02-20-2006, 08:32 AM
at this point, I've been given the thumbs-down for Pentaho, because of the lack of support and inability to get this going on Tomcat v5 for our developers.

wish you folks all the best for your time and efforts.

good luck in the future
rob

artur.nascimento
12-18-2006, 08:49 AM
I tryed to use the tomcat with pentaho. I read the advanced configuration to build a war file because I don't want to use the examples that is in the pre-configurate install... I build the war file, edit the server.xml, copy my lib on the directory: /tomcat 5.0/common/lib ... So, when I start the tomcat, the Pentaho's Home page apears, but when I try to use execute a xaction file this error happens:

type Exception report

description The server encountered an internal error () that prevented it from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: Servlet execution threw an exception
org.pentaho.core.system.SystemStatusFilter.doFilte r(SystemStatusFilter.java:53)

root cause

org.pentaho.repository.HibernateUtil.initialize(Hi bernateUtil.java:153)
org.pentaho.repository.HibernateUtil.<clinit>(Hibe rnateUtil.java:81)
org.pentaho.repository.runtime.RuntimeRepository.s etSession(RuntimeRepository.java:74)
org.pentaho.core.system.PentahoSystem.getRuntimeRe pository(PentahoSystem.java:942)
org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(S olutionEngine.java:178)
org.pentaho.core.services.BaseRequestHandler.handl eActionRequest(BaseRequestHandler.java:140)
org.pentaho.ui.servlet.ViewAction.doGet(ViewAction .java:153)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:689)
javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet .java:802)
org.pentaho.core.system.SystemStatusFilter.doFilte r(SystemStatusFilter.java:53)

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache Tomcat/5.0.28 logs.

I attached the log.

Please, can everyone help me?

Thank's.

Artur.

mbatchelor
12-18-2006, 11:04 AM
Please don't cross-post in our forums. You posted this three times.

See http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?p=150873#post150873