PDA

View Full Version : pentaho_j2ee_deployments-1.1.1.0 build.xml

dwarden
02-08-2006, 10:59 AM
I was unable to make the pentaho.ear work from the pentaho_j2ee_deployments-1.1.1.0.zip. I used the build.xml form the 1.0 release and I was able to deploy the ear file.

lmann@nt.net
02-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Line 206 of the build.xml
<manifest file="${work}/pentaho-war/meta-inf/MANIFEST.MF" mode="update">
has a lower-case meta-inf, I had to upper-case meta-inf to META-INF on my FC4 system.

Post edited by: lmann@nt.net, at: 02/12/2006 14:58

dwarden
02-13-2006, 07:05 AM
Everything is running good after building with the old build.xlm. I thought I would try your solution, but that didn't help on my system ( Windows). I unpacked the pentaho.ear and it looked very strange compared to the old ear. Jboss is looking for the Pentaho classes in /lib and that’s where they are in the ear file. But where is /lib relative to? It may be something on my system causing the problem with the new build.xml. I can continue testing with the old build.xml file for now. I'll check the next release when it comes out.

Thanks for the help.

lmann@nt.net
02-13-2006, 08:29 PM
I was able to use the build.xml in 1.1.1.0 to generate a .ear for jboss 4.0.4RC1 on Fedora Core 4. I could get it to deploy, after updating/installing a couple of jars, only after keping the lib and classes in pentaho.war instead of moving them to the .ear. Didn't spend much time on researching .ear structure. Try commenting out the unzip and zip sections of your ear target as well as the zipfileset in the make ear section. If I can get the code to paste right you can see it here:

<!-- Move classes and libraries out of pentaho.war into .ear: -->
<!-- deliberately written this way - instead of using Ant's clumsy conditions, this method -->
<!-- starts with a full blown .war with all details in the .war target, and clearly identifies -->
<!-- the modifications necessary for the .war file needed in the .ear -->
<!--
<unzip src="${jboss4.dir}/pentaho.war" dest="${work}/pentaho-war"/>
<delete>
<fileset dir="${work}/pentaho-war/WEB-INF/classes" />
<fileset dir="${work}/pentaho-war/WEB-INF/lib" />
</delete>

<manifest file="${work}/pentaho-war/META-INF/MANIFEST.MF" mode="update">
<attribute name="Class-Path" value="classes ${lib.project.manifest.classpath}"/>
</manifest>

<zip destfile="${jboss4.dir}/pentaho.war" >
<fileset dir="${work}/pentaho-war" />
</zip>
-->
<!-- make ear -->

<ear destfile="${jboss4.dir}/pentaho.ear" appxml="${ear.dir}/jboss-application.xml">
<manifest>
<attribute name="Implementation-Title" value="${impl.title}" />
<attribute name="Implementation-Version" value="${impl.version}" />
<attribute name="Implementation-Vendor" value="${impl.vendor}" />
</manifest>
<fileset dir="${dist.dir}" includes="*.war" excludes="pentaho.war" />
<fileset dir="${jboss4.dir}" includes="*.war" />
<fileset dir="${jboss.datasource.dir}" />
<!-- Include appropriate third party jars -->
<!-- <zipfileset dir="${staging.third-party}" prefix="WEB-INF/lib">
<excludesfile name="excludejars.jboss" />
</zipfileset>
--> <!-- Include compiled classes -->
<!-- <zipfileset dir="${staging.classes}" prefix="WEB-INF/classes" />
--> </ear>

adeshazor
02-14-2006, 05:40 AM
Thanks for the code and research. We will attempt to correct this in a future milestone release.

Anthony

dwarden
02-14-2006, 08:06 AM
Commenting out or removing those sections results it the exact xml from the old build.xml for the ear section.

Thanks for your help.