PDA

View Full Version : DM release

pavel
02-16-2006, 02:05 AM
Hi guis

I will make a porject at my university Münster/Germany about "Data Mining in a Knowledge Management Portal". Is there a real chance, to have a release at Mar 2006?

Thanks in advance
Pavel

adeshazor
02-16-2006, 03:54 AM
We do not have an official data mining release scheduled for March 2006. However, if you can describe your project in a little more detail, there may be a way for the existing platform to help.

Anthony

pavel
02-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Hi Anthony

I have to evaluate the logs from our Knowledge-Management portal. I've asked about DM because I've read on the "Project Roadmap"-> "Data Mining Phase 1 Release Mar 2006".

Best regards
Pavel

adeshazor
02-17-2006, 04:03 AM
We are in the process of updating our road map. Based upon feedback from customers and industry trends, we are focusing on more reporting features, including a reporting server. This release is scheduled to be completed in a few months. In the meantime, I will step up our efforts to keep the road map and web site in step with our plans.

Anthony

dirkh
03-15-2006, 12:36 PM
Dear Anthony,

when will the updated roadmap be published? To be honest - my main interest is "When will data mining be released?". I heard about WEKA, but have not downloaded it yet. What is their GUI? Is it as simple as commercial software (Clementine, SAS, ...)? How much of user-friendliness will Pentaho add?

Regards,

Dirk
(Germany)

adeshazor
03-16-2006, 06:36 AM
Dirk,

I don't have a new time line for the data mining release. We are just in the requirements and research phase for the data mining release. Feel free to post any suggestions on data mining requirements and data mining components. We welcome the dialogue.

In general, our philosophy is to make solution-based BI easier. We will do a gap analysis on any considered components and make plans to tighten the integration and ease use of the selected components. Again, we welcome any suggestions and input. Any guidance will help expedite our research and development.

I look forward to the discussion.

Anthony