PDA

View Full Version : sun.jdbc.odbc driver problem in actionx!

ericallard
03-08-2006, 06:36 PM
Hi! I just want to let you know that your project "Rocks"

Using:BI Demo 1.1.1

Trying to get a JRXML created by iReport 1.1.0 to work.
I got an exampl working with the Report designer using the jdbc.odbc connection. But, I'm not able to get an action script woring.

Also using in my *.actionx: configuring like said in the doc.
Take a look a the actionx file (Attch)

My Guess: Is that the sun.jdbc.odbc driver is already loaded! Do I need to add the driver lib (*.jar) to the Jboss/system/default/lib/ dir.

Result:
Error: JasperReport.ERROR_0003 - JDBC driver not specified. (org.pentaho.jasper.JasperReportsComponent)

Debug: Starting execute of samples/reporting/DomaineDemographic.xaction (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: audit: instanceId=1025c280-af2d-11da-a8b5-e5050c227a27, objectId=org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: validateComponent validating component org.pentaho.jasper.JasperReportsComponent (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Validating component for action DomaineDemographic.xaction (org.pentaho.jasper.JasperReportsComponent)
Debug: imageUrl is "{0}"getImage?image= (org.pentaho.jasper.JasperReportsComponent)
Debug: imageDir is "{0}"system/tmp (org.pentaho.jasper.JasperReportsComponent)
Debug: removeEmptyRows is {0}true (org.pentaho.jasper.JasperReportsComponent)
Error: JasperReport.ERROR_0003 - JDBC driver not specified. (org.pentaho.jasper.JasperReportsComponent)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0006 - Action components do not validate: DomaineDemographic.xaction (org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0006 - Action sequence validation failed (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)

Thanks!
-Eric

Post edited by: ericallard, at: 03/09/2006 01:34

Post edited by: ericallard, at: 03/09/2006 01:48 http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/DomaineDemographic.xaction

Post edited by: ericallard, at: 03/09/2006 01:51

bpfonte
03-09-2006, 04:07 AM
Hi,

I have no experience with the exact JDBC you're using but, in order to connect to MySQL and MSSQL, it is necessary to put the *.jar in pentaho-demo/jboss/server/default/lib/

Hope it works,
Bruno

ericallard
03-09-2006, 06:12 AM
Thanks Bruno,

In fact, I just want to conect to a MSACCESS!!! YES Access! Don't ask me why! Do you have an example of actionx file that would do this (using jasper reporting of pentaho)!

I'm able to get it to work with the Report wizard using the sun.jdbc.odbc driver. So it must already be loaded by the wizard app. I just need to identify the *.jar file containing the driver!

Also, if you have an axample for postGres (with the driver) that would be great!

Cheers,
-Eric

bpfonte
03-09-2006, 07:06 AM
Sorry... never tried it!

But I'll give you some hints that you might try. Right back telling what worked.

1. I think you can find the JDBC-ODBC driver in a file called rt.jar ;

2. You should copy it to /jboss/server/default/lib/

3. Should make a JNDI to connect to your database in /jboss/server/default/deploy/ . I recommend taking a peek at sampledata-ds.xml

Hope it's what you expected,
Bruno

ericallard
03-09-2006, 07:33 AM
Thanks Bruno!

I just tried your solution (helped with the doc) an I have the same result! Weird!

First thing first!

IN my cmd line: Java -version = 1.5.X - Is this a problem?
I have JAVA_HOME pointing to a 1.4.2 SDK? Do you think this can be an issue! IS the BI platform running on 1.5?

I'm wonderring why the Report wizard 0.9.2 works when using the same driver... in my configuration.?

Thanks! I appreciate your time!
-Eric

bpfonte
03-09-2006, 11:43 AM
Hi again,

I'm sorry you're still stuck with that. But hey, I'm sure you're having lots of fun!

I gave it a try and made it with success!

I've attached my example. Set it up as follows:

1. Copy ODBC.xaction and ODBC.xml into your sample dir;
2. Copy ODBC-ds.xml to pentaho-demo/jboss/server/default/deploy;
3. Create a System DSN named dbtest pointing it to dbtest.mdb;
4. Run your server...

Hope it works,
Bruno

Post edited by: bpfonte, at: 03/09/2006 15:45

bpfonte
03-09-2006, 11:47 AM
It's hard to upload... http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/ODBCtest.zip

ericallard
03-09-2006, 12:47 PM
Hi again!

Thans for the quick response!!!
I really appreciate!

Your example worked! Great! I'm now trying to make it work on a Jasper (jrxml) report using an ODBC cnx. output HTML or PDF!

Let me know if you're trying this scenario! We have a lot of Jasper reports we want to reuse!

Cheers,
-Eric

bpfonte
03-10-2006, 04:33 AM
Hi,

Any luck!?

You should add your datasources references to /jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/web.xml and to /jboss/server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/jboss-web.xml. Copy the examples and pay attention to case (http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=26054).

I'm sure you already know but a complete guide on how to Jasper your data is in Creating_Pentaho_Solutions_1.1.1.pdf.

Regards,
Bruno

ericallard
03-10-2006, 05:38 AM
Hi Bruno!
Thanks a lot .. I got it to work with the PDF format! T

Isssue:
here's seems to be an issue with the HTML one. I found that's trying to write(images) to a local path containing the following tag! getImage?image=

Found in jasperrepport-conf.xml! Obviously it fails!
Now I'll try to make the sub-report to work properly! Any issue you know about them?

An working on this project part-timeā€¦ But I like what I see!

Another question: Do you thing Pentaho can take *.Jasper (compiled) as an input! With the associated jasperrepports.jar lib!
We're working on Jasperreppors-1.1.1
Let me know! And thanks again!
I appreciate!

Cheers,
-Eric

bpfonte
03-10-2006, 07:10 AM
Sorry... that's too much for me. Anyone else cares to help?!

Post edited by: bpfonte, at: 03/10/2006 11:10

mikeschuld
07-05-2006, 09:47 AM
getImage?image= is actually a folder in your pentaho-solutions directory. Can you just change that path in the .xml to point to a different folder?

dmoran
07-05-2006, 10:41 AM
If you specify a resource that ends with .jasper then it will be used as a compiled report def. Otherwise, the component strips off the extension, appends .jasper, checks if it exists already and uses it, If it does not exist, it will compile it and use it.

Doug

Post edited by: dmoran, at: 07/05/2006 14:41