PDA

View Full Version : Ad Hoc Reporting

ksikes
03-22-2006, 02:05 PM
Our organization is on the market for a BI tool which will allow for static reporting, dashboards, as well as end-user ad-hoc reporting and creating of report templates, formats, etc on the fly.

Can anyone tell me if ad hoc reporting is currently available with Pentaho or if it is scheduled to be included in the near future? We are on a tight timeline, but I am really interested in this product suite. We are a current user of JasperReports.

Post edited by: ksikes, at: 03/22/2006 18:07

chetan_33
08-03-2006, 04:29 AM
Hello ksikes and all

I am in same situation now
NEED opensource solution for end-user ad-hoc reporting
Cant see any response to this still hope if anyone can give information

ksikes Can you share your finding
Did u get any input?

ksikes
08-10-2006, 06:48 AM
Hi,

I did not receive any response at all to my request for open-source ad-hoc reporting.

Our organization has been forced to enter contractual agreements with another company for a reporting solution since Pentaho didn't seem to show any interest in ad-hoc functionality.

thanks,
--ksikes

gmoran
08-22-2006, 08:05 AM
Hello Kim and Che,

First, thanks for your interest in Pentaho, and I do apologize that your post was not responded to.

Pentaho is in the early stages of building a solution for adhoc reporting into our platform, and as of today, our plans are to include it in our professional edition. We will have more details about adhoc reporting and where it falls on our roadmap shortly. We have been working diligently on our JIRA system, which outlines our feature and release roadmap. You can browse JIRA anytime at http://www.pentaho.org/jira.

Kim, good luck with your reporting solution, let us know if we can be of assistance in the future!

all the best,
Gretchen
Pentaho Community Connection