PDA

View Full Version : Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence

MARY
04-04-2006, 06:28 AM
Hi ,
When I am trying to run the action sequence iam getting the following error:
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not found (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Starting execute of samples/reporting/FreeReport-WizardReport.xaction (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not found (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine

1STEP:
I created a simple report using the sample database after previewing the report I exported it to location samples-->report folder.

2step: In the workbench i navigate to the report folder and I OPEN the action sequence and when i when i click the run it is giving me the error. what may be the reason.I did not do any modification just I am the actionfile in workbench.

dmoran
04-04-2006, 11:28 AM
Mary,

It sounds like you did everything correctly. Does the report show up when you navigate to it with a browser? (Not in the workbench)

What Operating system and version are you using ?

Can you execute other action sequences (samples) from Workbench?

Doug

MARY
04-05-2006, 06:06 AM
Hi Dough, I am playing with demo only.
1step: I connected to JNDI –SAMPLEDATA
Used this query:
Report name: Sreport
SELECT QUADRANT_ACTUALS.REGION,QUADRANT_ACTUALS.DEPARTMENT,
QUADRANT_ACTUALS.POSITIONTITLE, QUADRANT_ACTUALS.ACTUAL,
from QUADRANT_ACTUALS.

2step: I exported this report to the location c:Petnaho-solutions\\samples\\report.

Opened the workbench and navigated to the sreport.xaction and I am just running it. I getting ActionSequence not found error.

1)Yes the report shows up in the report folder ( sreport.xml) .
2)XP is the operating system and I am using version RDW-0.9.2
Workbench--- Eclipse SDK Version: 3.1.1 .Please suggest where I am going wrong.

MARY
04-05-2006, 06:14 AM
Hi Dough, I am playing with demo only.
1step: I connected to JNDI –SAMPLEDATA
Used this query:
Report name: Sreport
SELECT QUADRANT_ACTUALS.REGION,QUADRANT_ACTUALS.DEPARTMENT,
QUADRANT_ACTUALS.POSITIONTITLE, QUADRANT_ACTUALS.ACTUAL,
from QUADRANT_ACTUALS.

2step: I exported this report to the location c:Petnaho-solutions\\samples\\report.

Opened the workbench and navigated to the sreport.xaction and I am just running it. I getting ActionSequence not found error.

1)Yes the report shows up in the report folder ( sreport.xml) .
2)XP is the operating system and I am using version RDW-0.9.2
Workbench--- Eclipse SDK Version: 3.1.1 .Please suggest where I am going wrong.

brudertac
05-16-2006, 02:26 PM
Hi,
got the same Problem,
did you find a soultion for it?

Tried it several times, settig up Pentaho an Workbench from sratch, but thr problem is always the same.
If I run existing xaction Files, there's no Problem, only with my own new generated action sequences.

Thanks
brudertac

dmoran
05-22-2006, 06:30 AM
Can you attach the the server.log file? It should be in the /pentaho-demo/jboss/server/default/log directory. Also - have you set up a project within the workbench or are you using file-open to create action sequences?

Doug

begunrom
06-02-2006, 02:10 AM
I also got the ERROR_0005 when trying to run the action sequence from the test tab of the design studio. In my case the design studio (version 1.1.6.169) did not generate the URL correctly. The path did only contain the lowest level of the directory structure.

Example:

The file structure is as follows:
pentaho-solutions/samples/samples A/samples AA/

A correct URL would be : "&solution=samples&path=samples A/samples AA&action=xx.xaction"

The URL shown = "&solution=samples&path=samples AA&action=xx.xaction"

The "samples A/" is missing, and causes the error.

dmoran
06-02-2006, 04:02 AM
brudertac,

Nice work! I see it now. There is a bug with a path that is more than 1 level deep.

For now, this can be worked around by manually editing the generated URL.

Thanks,
Doug

Loay Amara
06-11-2006, 06:40 AM
Plz tell me if my path is :
"E:\\Pentaho\\pentaho_solutions-1.1.6.279\\pentaho-solutions\\samples\\getting-started"

and the action sequence file is :

"MyTestActionSequence.xaction"

how can I specify the Navigate URL for my action sequence file?

plz respond

dmoran
06-11-2006, 01:24 PM
Lo'ay,

Your path looks ok, the test page should generate a correct URL for you. What problem are you having? There is a bug where you will get the SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 message for many different reasons. You must save your Action Sequence before testing it.

If this doesn't help, attach your Pentaho BI Server system log - It is located:

<pentaho-demo>/jboss/server/default/log/server.log

Doug

Post edited by: dmoran, at: 06/11/2006 17:25

Loay Amara
06-13-2006, 05:00 AM
Hi:

My problem is the following error generated in the eclipse IDE and the pentaho design studio when Im trying to make a new action sequence:

"This action does not appear to be part of Pentaho Solution"

what is the solution for this problem.

Thanx.

arodriguez
06-13-2006, 07:06 AM
I assume you're on the test tab in the design studio trying to test your action sequence. This message usually appears when the action sequence your testing has not been saved in a valid solution directory. Make sure that you save your action sequence in the solution that the server your testing with is running against. The design studio validates the location of the action sequence being tested by looking for a folder named "system" which is in the same directory as the root of your solution. Within this "system" directory there should be a file called pentaho.xml. If this is not the case the message your seeing will appear when you try and test the action sequence.

Loay Amara
06-13-2006, 11:21 PM
I can find the pentaho.xml, but what can I do with this file?

I want to put u in the picture:

I want to test an action called "Test.xaction" and I put this action in this path:"E:\\Pentaho\\pentaho_solutions-1.1.6.279\\pentaho-solutions\\samples\\getting-started". Next I defined the context path in the "E:\\Pentaho\\pentaho_demo-1.1.6.279\\pentaho-demo\\jboss\\server\\default\\deploy\\pentaho.war\\WEB-INF\\web.xml"

as this:
<context-param>
<param-name>solution-path</param-name>
<param-value>/E:/Pentaho/pentaho_solutions-1.1.6.279/pentaho-solutions/</param-value>
</context-param>.

Given that the solution path is:"E:\\Pentaho\\pentaho_solutions-1.1.6.279\\pentaho-solutions\\". Then I restarted the pentaho server but unfortunatelly no page is displayed and the "The action sequence does not appear to be part of Pentaho Solution" error message appeared.

plz tell me in full details the solution for the problem using the previous criteria.

Thanks.

Loay Amara
06-13-2006, 11:22 PM
I can find the pentaho.xml, but what can I do with this file?

I want to put u in the picture:

I want to test an action called "Test.xaction" and I put this action in this path:"E:\\Pentaho\\pentaho_solutions-1.1.6.279\\pentaho-solutions\\samples\\getting-started". Next I defined the context path in the "E:\\Pentaho\\pentaho_demo-1.1.6.279\\pentaho-demo\\jboss\\server\\default\\deploy\\pentaho.war\\WEB-INF\\web.xml"

as this:
<context-param>
<param-name>solution-path</param-name>
<param-value>/E:/Pentaho/pentaho_solutions-1.1.6.279/pentaho-solutions/</param-value>
</context-param>.

Given that the solution path is:"E:\\Pentaho\\pentaho_solutions-1.1.6.279\\pentaho-solutions\\". Then I restarted the pentaho server but unfortunatelly no page is displayed and the "The action sequence does not appear to be part of Pentaho Solution" error message appeared.

plz tell me in full details the solution for the problem using the previous criteria.

Thanks.

dmoran
06-14-2006, 07:05 AM
Lo'ay,

Sorry you are having trouble. Everything in your setup looks correct. I assume you have set up your project to work with the Pre-Configured Install as specified in the "Getting Started" section of the "Pentaho Design Studio User Guide"

The next step to check is if you can run your xaction from the browser. Navigate to the "getting-started" samples.

Does your xaction show up in the browser?

Try setting your URL to:
http://localhost:8080/pentaho/ViewAction?&solution=samples&path=getting-started&action=Test.xaction

Let me know if that works.

Doug

Loay Amara
06-14-2006, 09:37 PM
Hi:
It generates the following error:

Failed
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not found (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Starting execute of samples/getting-started/Test.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not found (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

guzaldon
06-15-2006, 07:24 AM
perhaps if you look at the server log you'll see where it's looking for the xaction it not able to find. The errors that get tossed to the screen are a bit how you may say lacking in actual detail.

Hope that helps,

Nic

dmoran
06-15-2006, 07:51 AM
Lo'ay,

This is so strange. I hate to ask again but -

Are you are absolutely sure that Test.xaction exists in the directory E:/Pentaho/pentaho_solutions-1.1.6.279/pentaho-solutions/samples/getting-started

Does HelloWorld work for you?

Please attach "Test.xaction"

Please attach the server.log located: <install location>/pentaho-demo\\server\\default\\log

Doug

broadcast
09-07-2006, 03:01 AM
Hello,

the problem seems to be the same for more people then me. I tried to implement the Example-ActionSequence from the documentation-file "Creating Solutions". Everthing worked fine until I startet the Test of my new created ActionSequence.

My Error Message looks just like the ones above. Just to be sure I didn't miss any differences, here it is:

[de_72] Error: [de_103] SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - [de_29] Action sequence not found (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
[de_69] Debug: [de_21] Starting execute of samples/getting-started/aFirstTry.xaction (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
[de_69] Debug: [de_30] Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
[de_69] Debug: [de_33] Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)
[de_72] Error: [de_103] SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - [de_29] Action sequence not found (org.pentaho.solution.SolutionEngine)

I went through all steps of the description, but one:

(...) Feel free to build your own reusable action
sequences. When you’re done, save them in the PentahoDesign
Studio\\plugins\\org.pentaho.workbench.editors.actionsequence_x.x.x.x/templates directory. Next time you
start the Action Sequence Wizard, your action sequence will be one of the available templates. (...)

I just saved my new ActionSequence in the following folder:

D:\\Pentaho\\Files\\pentaho_sdk\\pentaho-solutions\\samples\\getting-started\\aFirstTry.xaction

So is there anytiong wrong with that path? How am I supposed to save in the path written above as it isn't part of my Workbench-tree on the left side of Eclipse? Am I supposed to export the file in a special kind of way?

The "HelloWorld"-example works just fine. But since it is preinstalled I suppose that's nothing unusual. I hope you are able to help me.

Greets, broadcast

broadcast
09-11-2006, 12:07 AM
I still have trouble to implement new Action Sequences. Just working with the examples turns out to be a little boring and doesn't make sence in a long term. So do you have any ideas about my question above?

arodriguez
09-11-2006, 08:47 AM
It appears that you're not saving your xaction in the location from which the server is running. You've stated that the solution path your trying to save to isn't part of the workbench tree in the left hand side of Eclipse. In order to complete the example shown in the Creating Solutions guide you need to create an eclipse project that has the pentaho-solutions directory from which the server is running as it's root. That way, what appears on the left hand side is what the server is actually running. Then when you save your xactions in Eclipse the server will pick them up. If your saving your xactions in the right place an icon should appear when you browse there. For example, create a new xaction and give it a description. Then save it in the getting started directory. Now use your browser of choice to browse to the getting started examples in the demo. You should see your xaction listed along with the description you've given.

deepakp
06-19-2007, 03:27 AM
folks,

I am trying to create a sample action sequence on the lines of a similar one created by my colleague during the Pentaho training at my office premises.. I have mirrored the exact steps and have created the same action sequence in

C:\Pentaho\pentaho-professional-1.2.1\pentaho-solutions\samples\Deepak.

though the xaction created by the Pentaho trainer works for me, if i replicate the same the following error gets generated..
Failed Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not valid (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine) Debug: Starting execute of samples/Deepak/deepak1.xaction (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not valid (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)

Server Version 1.2.1 build 625 GA

Here is the log file entry :

2007-06-19 12:01:21,170 ERROR [com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine] b1a0b3df-1e2e-11dc-a352-bbde1e0a2b5d:SOLUTION-ENGINE:deepak1.xaction: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not valid

Pls let me know where i am wrong..

here is the xml file created :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<action-sequence>
<title>Testing a flow</title>
<version>1</version>
<logging-level>error</logging-level>
<documentation>
<author>Deepak Paramanand</author>
<result-type>report</result-type>
<description>%description</description>
<help>This report is to test the functionality.</help>
</documentation>
<inputs>
<output-type type="string">
<sources>
<request>type</request>
</sources>
<default-value><![CDATA[pdf]]></default-value>
</output-type>
<lov type="string-list">
<default-value type="string-list">
<list-item>html</list-item>
<list-item>pdf</list-item>
<list-item>rtf</list-item>
</default-value>
<sources>
<request>lov</request>
</sources>
</lov>
</inputs>
<outputs>
<report type="content">
<destinations>
<response>content</response>
</destinations>
</report>
</outputs>
<resources>
<transformation-file>
<solution-file>
<location>/getting-started/TestOLAPreport/TestOLAP_SK.ktr</location>
<mime-type>text/plain</mime-type>
</solution-file>
</transformation-file>
<report-definition>
<solution-file>
<location>JFreeReport-WizardReport.xml</location>
</solution-file>
</report-definition>
</resources>

<actions>
<action-definition>
<component-name>JFreeReportComponent</component-name>
<action-type>Pentaho Report</action-type>
<action-inputs>
<data type="result-set" mapping="TestPDI"/>
<output-type type="string"/>
<lov type="string-list"/>
</action-inputs>
<action-resources>
<report-definition type="resource"/>
</action-resources>
<action-outputs>
<report-output type="content" mapping="report"/>
</action-outputs>
<component-definition/>
</action-definition>

<action-definition>
<component-name>SecureFilterComponent</component-name>
<action-type>Prompt/Secure Filter</action-type>
<action-inputs>
</action-inputs>
<component-definition>
<selections>
<output-type filter="none" style="radio">
<title>Select the type of report</title>
</output-type>
</selections>
</component-definition>
</action-definition>

<action-definition>
<component-name>KettleComponent</component-name>
<action-type>Pentaho Data Integration</action-type>
<action-inputs/>
<action-resources>
<transformation-file type="resource"/>
</action-resources>
<action-outputs>
<transformation-output type="result-set" mapping="TestPDI"/>
</action-outputs>
<component-definition>
<importstep><![CDATA[XML Output]]></importstep>
</component-definition>
</action-definition>

</actions>
</action-sequence>

Pls let me know where i am going wrong..

deepakp
06-19-2007, 03:28 AM
folks,

I am trying to create a sample action sequence on the lines of a similar one created by my colleague during the Pentaho training at my office premises.. I have mirrored the exact steps and have created the same action sequence in

C:\Pentaho\pentaho-professional-1.2.1\pentaho-solutions\samples\Deepak.

though the xaction created by the Pentaho trainer works for me, if i replicate the same the following error gets generated..
Failed Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not valid (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine) Debug: Starting execute of samples/Deepak/deepak1.xaction (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not valid (com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine)

Server Version 1.2.1 build 625 GA

Here is the log file entry :

2007-06-19 12:01:21,170 ERROR [com.pentaho.core.solution.ProSolutionEngine] b1a0b3df-1e2e-11dc-a352-bbde1e0a2b5d:SOLUTION-ENGINE:deepak1.xaction: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0005 - Action sequence not valid

Pls let me know where i am wrong..

here is the xml file created :

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<action-sequence>
<title>Testing a flow</title>
<version>1</version>
<logging-level>error</logging-level>
<documentation>
<author>Deepak Paramanand</author>
<result-type>report</result-type>
<description>%description</description>
<help>This report is to test the functionality.</help>
</documentation>
<inputs>
<output-type type="string">
<sources>
<request>type</request>
</sources>
<default-value><![CDATA[pdf]]></default-value>
</output-type>
<lov type="string-list">
<default-value type="string-list">
<list-item>html</list-item>
<list-item>pdf</list-item>
<list-item>rtf</list-item>
</default-value>
<sources>
<request>lov</request>
</sources>
</lov>
</inputs>
<outputs>
<report type="content">
<destinations>
<response>content</response>
</destinations>
</report>
</outputs>
<resources>
<transformation-file>
<solution-file>
<location>/getting-started/TestOLAPreport/TestOLAP_SK.ktr</location>
</solution-file>
</transformation-file>
<report-definition>
<solution-file>
<location>JFreeReport-WizardReport.xml</location>
</solution-file>
</report-definition>
</resources>

<actions>
<action-definition>
<component-name>JFreeReportComponent</component-name>
<action-type>Pentaho Report</action-type>
<action-inputs>
<data type="result-set" mapping="TestPDI"/>
<lov type="string-list"/>
</action-inputs>
<action-resources>
<report-definition type="resource"/>
</action-resources>
<action-outputs>
<report-output type="content" mapping="report"/>
</action-outputs>
<component-definition/>
</action-definition>

<action-definition>
<component-name>SecureFilterComponent</component-name>
<action-type>Prompt/Secure Filter</action-type>
<action-inputs>
</action-inputs>
<component-definition>
<selections>
<output-type filter="none" style="radio">
<title>Select the type of report</title>
</output-type>
</selections>
</component-definition>
</action-definition>

<action-definition>
<component-name>KettleComponent</component-name>
<action-type>Pentaho Data Integration</action-type>
<action-inputs/>
<action-resources>
<transformation-file type="resource"/>
</action-resources>
<action-outputs>
<transformation-output type="result-set" mapping="TestPDI"/>
</action-outputs>
<component-definition>
<importstep><![CDATA[XML Output]]></importstep>
</component-definition>
</action-definition>

</actions>
</action-sequence>

Pls let me know where i am going wrong..