PDA

View Full Version : j2ee-deployment package, ClassNotFoundExceptions

dhartford
04-10-2006, 11:03 AM
Hi all,
First time user to Pentaho, so far liking what I see!

Ran into an issue (and how to solve the issue) that may help others in the future. This is based on the j2ee-deployment packages.

1. installed jboss 4.0.4CR2 (other versions will probably have similar issues).

2. installed jboss-portal-2.2.1RC3 binary (with portal-ds.xml configured).

3. tested both together and work fine.

4. build jboss403 .ear deployment package from j2ee-deployment sources/build files (version 1.1.4 build 239).

5. copy over the .ear for deployment into the jboss w/ jboss-portal install. Get ClassNotFound exceptions related to various packages (jfreechart, jpivot, pentaho ui servlets, etc).

6. [fix] I exploded the pentaho.ear file, as well as the pentaho.war file underneath. I then copied all the libraries from pentaho.ear/lib/*.jar to penthaho.ear/pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib/*.jar. This corrected the ClassNotFoundException.

Hopefully this will be found useful!

-D

dhartford
04-10-2006, 12:19 PM
continued installation testing on jboss 4.0.4.CR2 binary w/ jboss-portal 2.2.1RC3 binary and j2ee-deployment .ears build 239 -

The jboss version does come with dom4j 1.6.1, but is lacking some required classes (the xpath portion of the package). Still need to swap out the dom4j.jar libs, and don't forget to rename specifically to dom4j.jar ;-)

Apparently between versions, the jaxen.jar is now REQUIRED to be copied from pentaho-thirdparty to your JBOSS_HOME/lib folder (server/default/lib is insufficient, as well as in the pentaho.ear/lib and/or pentaho.war/WEB-INF/lib is also insufficient).

Unfortunately, I'm now stuck with some type of classloader issue with Quartz (again, using the .ear deployment method):

16:10:03,596 ERROR [STDERR] org.quartz.SchedulerConfigException: Unable to instantiate class load helper class: org.quar
tz.simpl.CascadingClassLoadHelper [See nested exception: java.lang.ClassCastException: org.quartz.simpl.CascadingClassLo
adHelper]
16:10:03,596 ERROR [STDERR] at org.quartz.impl.StdSchedulerFactory.instantiate(StdSchedulerFactory.java:549)
16:10:03,627 ERROR [STDERR] at org.quartz.impl.StdSchedulerFactory.getScheduler(StdSchedulerFactory.java:1152)
16:10:03,627 ERROR [STDERR] at org.pentaho.scheduler.QuartzSystemListener.startup(QuartzSystemListener.java:66)
16:10:03,627 ERROR [STDERR] at org.pentaho.system.PentahoSystem.init(PentahoSystem.java:149)
16:10:03,627 ERROR [STDERR] at org.pentaho.system.SolutionContextListener.contextInitialized(SolutionContextListener
.java:114)

Any recommendations would be great!
-D

Post edited by: dhartford, at: 04/10/2006 16:21