PDA

View Full Version : ear-deployment 1.1.4-239 / jboss.4.0.3sp1 failed

gdrews
04-17-2006, 02:02 AM
The ear deployment for jboss4.0.3Sp1 with J2EE-deployments-1-1-4-239 failed. (OS: WindowsXP). I am attaching some of the error-messages. I also have some questions concerning the Advanced Install Guide. On page 4:Application Server Deployments, JBoss 4.0.3 there is a description how to modify libraries in the Hibernate Deployment. Unfortunately my JBOSS installation does not contain a hibernate.deployer folder.
Could anybody give some hints?
best regards, Günter http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/log.doc

bpfonte
04-17-2006, 02:05 AM
Take a look at http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=26169

gdrews
04-17-2006, 02:38 AM
Thanks for the hint. I had already a look on it but it does not help me. The result of this discussion had been, that there is a problem with the build file. "dwarden" had been so kind to provide an alternative build file. But this concerns deployment 1.1.3 and the build-file creates as far as I tested it, a tomcat5-0 war file and not an jboss4.0.3 ear file.
This had been the reason, why I am creating a new topic for the 1.1.4 deployment.
But I have to confess, regarding your reply, I'd better placed my topic under the previous discussion.
Best regards, Günter

dwarden
04-18-2006, 05:44 AM
Make sure you put dom4j.jar and jaxen.jar from the pentaho-third-party directory in the \\jboss\\lib directory, not the deploy\\lib directory. You shouldn't need to do anything with the hibernate files. You will need to use an old build file or edit the new one if you will be deploying a jboss ear file. The link bpfonte gave you will have the old build file I posted.

Thanks

guzaldon
04-18-2006, 08:14 AM
the old build file that is avaible via will build it for jboss4.0.2-ear. I didn't have a problem using ant build-jboss4.0.2-ear for it. that'll get it to load but then you have a couple things to fingure out. also dwarden's response will also help.

I hope that help you get going on it.

Nic

gdrews
04-19-2006, 03:44 AM
Hello,

thanks for your help. There is a build-jboss4.0.2-ear path and not a 4.0.3 path in the build file as I tried. Now I have an ear file, and deployed it to jboss. But still the deployment fails. Does anybody have the knowledge, the time an the nerves to have a look at the error messages in the log file and help me figuring out, what is going wrong?
best regards, Günter http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/log20061904.doc
Post edited by: gdrews, at: 04/19/2006 07:46

Post edited by: gdrews, at: 04/19/2006 07:48

dwarden
04-19-2006, 04:28 AM
The first error in the log indicates dom4j isn't the correct version, or can't be found. I should have said rename the dom4j-1.6.1.jar to dom4j.jar and copy it to the \\jboss\\lib directory in my last post. It should replace the original dom4j.jar. In your directory structure it looks like that would be C:/Programme/jboss-4.0.3SP1/lib.

mbatchelor
04-19-2006, 07:36 AM
Hi there,

Could I recommend first downloading the PCI, and comparing the stock (standard distribution) JBoss folders to the one in the PCI? As I recall, to get things to work properly within JBoss, we had to drop a couple of jar files into the jboss/lib and jboss/server/default/lib.

I'd start there.

Hope this helps,

Marc

gdrews
04-19-2006, 10:30 PM
Heureka,

the hint of dwarden with the dom4j-1.6.1.jar was the one which made the deployment working. Thanks a lot for your combined effort to help me.

Best regards,
Günter

dwarden
04-20-2006, 04:06 AM
Cool.

Thanks

gmoran
05-02-2006, 06:55 PM
Hey All,

First, let me apologize for letting this go so long - I have been away from this part of the project for some time, and just now have had a chance to investigate.

I have found the cause of the problems deploying the pentaho.ear on JBoss 4.0.3 -

First, the Advanced Install Guide is flat out wrong. The docs were written for 4.0.2, and enough changes took place between 4.0.2 and 4.0.3 that the instructions no longer apply. I will outline what steps you need to take to successfully deploy milestone build 1.1.4 with JBoss 4.0.3 next.
You will need to switch out the dom4j.jar in the jboss-home/lib directory. Download Dom4j 1.6.1, or grab it from the pentaho sdk, drop it into the jboss-home/lib directory and RENAME it to dom4j.jar.
Add the jaxen.jar to the jboss-home/lib directory. This jar can also be found in the pentaho-sdk
Here's the important part - if you are using the SDK from May 2 or before, or you are using milestone build 1.1.4, you will need to explode the pentaho ear file in the jboss-home/server/default/deploy directory. Make sure the top level directory for the ear is named "pentaho.ear".
And last, explode the pentaho.war archive inside the pentaho.ear folder. Name its top level directory pentaho.war.

That should move you forward. Again, I apologize for the pain this caused you ... we are working toward using installers to deal with some o f this, so please be patient with us, it will get better!

Also Milestone 1.1.5 should be released by the end of the week. With that release, we have updated the Advanced Install Guide to reflect the proper information, AND you won't have to explode your ear anymore - that problem will have been fixed.

best and most kind regards,
Gretchen
Pentaho Community Evangelist

Post edited by: gmoran, at: 05/02/2006 22:56

Post edited by: gmoran, at: 05/03/2006 10:36

guzaldon
05-02-2006, 10:52 PM
awesome thanks, and I was looking foward the the 1.1.5 release. The SDK has came a long way since it was released with 1.1.4. can't wait to see the improvements in 1.1.5.

Thanks agian,

Nic