PDA

View Full Version : mdxLookuprule

gianni
04-19-2006, 10:47 AM
Hi everybody...
I'm using Pentaho for my degree project...I'm trying to connect a dashboard to a custom cube via a mdx query..I've created the xaction file and i've tested it in the reporting part and here it is ok..
But when I try tu use this file to connect my widget with the cube I've got a very big problem..
I just don't know what are the names that i've to put in the and tags...
Before of trying this I've modified a widget connecting it via sqlLookuprule..and it has worked very well..so i think that the problem is in my poor knowledge of mdx...
Here is the query I've made..
select NON EMPTY {[Measures].[righe perfette]}ON COLUMNS,
NON EMPTY Hierarchize({([ordine].[All ordines], [cliente].[tutti i clienti], [metodo di trasporto].[tutti i metodi], [prodotto].[tutti i prodotti])}) ON ROWS
from [Parts]
I just want to put the measure in the tag value and the other stuff in the
name tag...

Thanks for helping me!

bye

guzaldon
04-19-2006, 01:17 PM
I think I'll try and help you but I might just confuse you.

in you mdx statement in the xaction. you need to have it with {} something like this [dimension].[All] {variable} after your do then then allow the xaction to except a variable of the same name. then in the dashboard part pass the variable=.[part your after].[ect] to get the ganulatity that you need.

you can look at the samples associated with the PCI for example of exactly how to do this.

I hope it help.

Nic

gianni
04-20-2006, 03:58 AM
Thanks..
but I don't want to put a parameter in my mdx query..i just want to feed my dashboard with my mdx query..the problem is that actually I haven't idea of how the values in the result set are indexed..
My query is ok..and it works well in the "reporting zone"..I can see a table with the result of my xaction file..
The problem is that I need to know how can I pass the values in the result set to my dashboard..
For example I've tried to put Measures.measurename in the value tag..and then I've tried with many other names..but I still read in my screen"can't create widget display"...I'm going a little crazy...

Thanks for helping me

bye

gianni

guzaldon
04-20-2006, 09:38 AM
do you have an outputs for the process in the xaction? if so what are they and the types? you should probably have something like rele-result. you might want to just attempt to mimic the samples to begin with but you probably have already done that. maybe posting a zip or a tar of your file might help other to understand where the problem might be.

Nic

guzaldon
06-01-2006, 04:22 PM
gianni,

Have you got this figured out?

Here's something that might help. If you look at the portlet.xml file in web-inf you'll see that the portlet for the widget grid and that'll have a drill-url which will let you define you path to the pivot table as well as what variables you'll need to pass.

But you'll have to put {} in your MDX statement to use the values passed in the request.

Also I think you are trying to solve the wrong problem. THe ablity to not create the widget is do to the information passed to the widgetgrid.xml via the report/datasource that's powering. THe click to pivot table result isn't the main problem.

If you got this figured out I have kind of started outlining some steps to build a bustom dashboard. So if you could please add your comments. you can get there via http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=26295

and if anyone else has made some progress please add your comments too.

Thanks I hope it helps,

Nic