PDA

View Full Version : Pentaho / JBoss jBPM

kukeltje
04-24-2006, 07:57 AM
Hi,

In a recent press anouncement about Pentaho joining the JBoss Certified Partner Program, there was a line that says:

Pentaho will also add support for JBoss Clustering and JBoss jBPM.

This could mean two things, either Pentaho is going to use the jboss 'technology' in their product, or they are going to support nice analysis/reporting/dashboards for processes running in JBoss jBPM.

I hope it is the latter, since jBPM does not have BAM/BI functionality. If not, is it something that Pentaho cares to develop on a commercial basis and include it in the open version?

Kind regards,

Ronald van Kuijk

Post edited by: kukeltje, at: 04/24/2006 11:57

gmoran
04-27-2006, 06:44 AM
Hi Ronald,

As it stands today, we are just now defining our requirements for the jBPM work. We are starting out from the "using JBoss jBPM technology" direction, by building a component that can participate in a jBPM process.

We are aware that we can provide some analytic features for jBPM that would support BAM functionality, which is a desired feature in the JBoss community. We certainly would be interested in committing a Pentaho team member to the jBPM efforts if we can find a feature set that is mutually beneficial to the Pentaho and the jBPM projects (so many to choose from, so little time :)).

Ronald, please contact me directly at gmoran@pentaho.org so that we can set up a call to talk about this opportunity. I look forward to talking with you.

all the best,
Gretch
Pentaho Community Open Source-eress

aschurman
05-21-2007, 10:55 AM
Hello Gretchen,

We are currently working on a project that needs the integration of Pentaho for BAM and also to be part of a BPM process. So we are looking for both functionalities.

Because this is a jBPM topic, what's the current status of the integration/interface between JBOSS jBPM and Pentaho?

Is there anything we can use, or maybe help you guys with?

At the end we are creating a BPM + BI. Since we are Pentaho partners, we are in the search of the best BPM (Workflow + Document Management) solution. jBPM sounds very powerful. but, we don'tt really want to RE-WORK on things that may have been worked already.