PDA

View Full Version : JPIVOT ERROR while trying to drill down

guzaldon
04-26-2006, 09:39 AM
I am using the SDK from after april 13th as well as tested in demo 1.1.4 and both yeild the same results.

I get this error after the pivot table loads and I try to pivot on some of the dimensions, but also some of them work. and some of the work after you expand other deminisions.

FOR EXAMPLE. the analyse loads fine and shows you the information as to be expected. But when you pivot on Store it has the error, but if you go back and reload the table and pivot on date then store it works but if you pivot on promotion at any point it gives the error agian. I have also attachted my mondrain scheme as well.

If you need more information let me know.

13:32:31,237 ERROR [RequestFilter] cause
javax.servlet.jsp.JspTagException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: An error occurred while evaluating custom action attribute "test" with value "${query01.result.overflowOccured}":
An error occurred while getting property "result" from an instance of class com.tonbeller.jpivot.tags.OlapModelProxy (com.tonbeller.jpivot.olap.model.OlapException: mondrian.olap.MondrianException:
Mondrian Error:Internal error: Error while executing query
[select NON EMPTY {[Measures].[Quantity Sold], [Measures].[Store Sales], [Measures].[Cost of Materials], [Measures].[Gross Profit]} ON COLUMNS,
NON EMPTY Crossjoin(Hierarchize(Union(Union(Union(Crossjoin({[Store.Sales_Store].[All Stores]}, {([Date.Date_of_Sale].[All Dates], [Times.Time_of_Day].[All Times], [Customer.Sales_Customer].[All Customers],
[Demographic.Sales_Payment_Demographic].[All Demographics], [Promotion.Sales_Promotion].[All Promotions],
[Charge.Charge].[All Charges])}), Crossjoin({[Store.Sales_Store].[All Stores]}, Crossjoin([Date.Date_of_Sale].[All Dates].Children, {([Times.Time_of_Day].[All Times], [Customer.Sales_Customer].[All Customers],
[Demographic.Sales_Payment_Demographic].[All Demographics], [Promotion.Sales_Promotion].[All Promotions], [Charge.Charge].[All Charges])}))),
Union(
Crossjoin([Store.Sales_Store].[All Stores].Children, {([Date.Date_of_Sale].[All Dates], [Times.Time_of_Day].[All Times], [Customer.Sales_Customer].[All Customers],
[Demographic.Sales_Payment_Demographic].[All Demographics], [Promotion.Sales_Promotion].[All Promotions], [Charge.Charge].[All Charges])}), Crossjoin([Store.Sales_Store].[All Stores].Children, Crossjoin([Date.Date_of_Sale].[All Dates].Children,
{([Times.Time_of_Day].[All Times], [Customer.Sales_Customer].[All Customers],
[Demographic.Sales_Payment_Demographic].[All Demographics], [Promotion.Sales_Promotion].[All Promotions], [Charge.Charge].[All Charges])})))),
Crossjoin({[Store.Sales_Store].[All Stores].[3gupload site ]}, Crossjoin({[Date.Date_of_Sale].[All Dates].[2006]}, Crossjoin({[Times.Time_of_Day].[All Times]}, Crossjoin({[Customer.Sales_Customer].[All Customers]},
Crossjoin({[Demographic.Sales_Payment_Demographic].[All Demographics]}, Crossjoin({[Promotion.Sales_Promotion].[All Promotions]}, [Charge.Charge].[All Charges].Children)))))))), {([Provider.Mobile_Provider].[All Providers],
[Device.Mobile_Device].[All Devices], [Discount.Discounted].[All Discounts], [Gift.Gift_Discounted].[All Gifts], [Premium.Premium_indicator].[All Premiums], [Publisher.Publisher].[All Publishers])}) ON ROWS
from [Sales]
])
at org.apache.taglibs.standard.tag.el.core.IfTag.condition(IfTag.java:65)
at javax.servlet.jsp.jstl.core.ConditionalTagSupport.doStartTag(Unknown Source)
at org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp._jspx_meth_c_if_2(org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp:1797)
at org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp:722)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.HttpJspBase.service(HttpJspBase.java:97)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:810)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(JspServlet.java:314)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.service(JspServlet.java:264)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter$MyHandler.normalRequest(RequestFilter.java:139)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestSynchronizer.handleRequest(RequestSynchronizer.java:127)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter.doFilter(RequestFilter.java:263)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.doFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:173)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:202)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.catalina.connector.CoyoteAdapter.service(CoyoteAdapter.java:148)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Processor.process(Http11Processor.java:856)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

A HUGE THANKS FOR A GREAT SOLUTION
and for the help.

Nic http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/test.mondrian.xml

EDITED this to make it not so big.

Post edited by: guzaldon, at: 04/26/2006 13:54

guzaldon
04-26-2006, 09:50 AM
after taking a second look it seems to be the only demensions that are defined within the facts.

if that might help.

I probably have a small error in my Mondrian definition.

just some more info.

Thanks,

Nic

Post edited by: guzaldon, at: 04/26/2006 16:00

guzaldon
04-27-2006, 08:18 AM
the other day everthing we working well, they yesterday I ran into that issue and so I went and changed my mondrian statement a bit and now it's unable to find it. Some filter request error. and now none of the analyse examples work either and a few other things broke.. I'll post the errors in a bit.

Just an update,

Nic

guzaldon
04-27-2006, 08:42 AM
this is the error that I recieve when I try to run an analyse case.
2:41:04,191 ERROR [RequestFilter] cause
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: could not find Catalog "/pentaho/GetMondrianModel?model=samples/analysis/test.mondrian.xml"

I hope someones has some suggestions,

Nic

guzaldon
04-27-2006, 11:28 AM
alright I tried something just to see what might happen.
I download the new SDK from 4-21. got it running in eclipse and and tested w/o any changes and it worked as to be expected. But was I add my analyse stuff to it it gave the error agian.

here is the whole error that gets puked on the console

15:20:25,962 ERROR [OlapModelTag]
javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: could not find Catalog "/pentaho/GetMondrianModel?model=samples/analysis/test.mondrian.xml"
at com.tonbeller.jpivot.tags.MondrianOlapModelTag.getOlapModel(MondrianOlapModelTag.java:57)
at com.tonbeller.jpivot.tags.OlapModelTag.doEndTag(OlapModelTag.java:57)
at org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp:307)
at org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(JspServletWrapper.java:322)
at org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterChain.internalDoFilter(ApplicationFilterChain.java:252)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestFilter$MyHandler.normalRequest(RequestFilter.java:139)
at com.tonbeller.wcf.controller.RequestSynchronizer.handleRequest(RequestSynchronizer.java:127)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.filters.ReplyHeaderFilter.doFilter(ReplyHeaderFilter.java:81)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardWrapperValve.invoke(StandardWrapperValve.java:213)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContextValve.invoke(StandardContextValve.java:178)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.CustomPrincipalValve.invoke(CustomPrincipalValve.java:39)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.SecurityAssociationValve.invoke(SecurityAssociationValve.java:159)
at org.jboss.web.tomcat.security.JaccContextValve.invoke(JaccContextValve.java:59)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHostValve.invoke(StandardHostValve.java:126)
at org.apache.catalina.valves.ErrorReportValve.invoke(ErrorReportValve.java:105)
at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngineValve.invoke(StandardEngineValve.java:107)
at org.apache.coyote.http11.Http11Protocol$Http11ConnectionHandler.processConnection(Http11Protocol.java:744)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.PoolTcpEndpoint.processSocket(PoolTcpEndpoint.java:527)
at org.apache.tomcat.util.net.MasterSlaveWorkerThread.run(MasterSlaveWorkerThread.java:112)
15:20:26,103 ERROR [RequestFilter] exeption
javax.servlet.ServletException: javax.servlet.jsp.JspException: could not find Catalog "/pentaho/GetMondrianModel?model=samples/analysis/test.mondrian.xml"
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.doHandlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:844)
at org.apache.jasper.runtime.PageContextImpl.handlePageException(PageContextImpl.java:781)
at org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp._jspService(org.apache.jsp.jsp.Pivot_jsp:888)

So I'm kind of consfused on why it's not able to find my catelog.

Nic

guzaldon
04-28-2006, 09:00 AM
So what do I have to do to try and get someone to give me some suggestions? I can repeat my work. take the SDK get it running in eclipse, this work, add my 2 cents of an analysis case and add the jndi stuff in depoly and web.xml and jboss-web.xml which I took from a working copy. and it's broke, then take the what I changed and change it back and it's still broke.

any suggestion would be welcome.

Thanks,

Nic

mbatchelor
04-28-2006, 09:31 AM
I suggest you try thinning the trees out a bit. Instead of trying analysis stuff using JPivot, first, make sure that your cube and your MDX are all correct and working outside JPivot.

In the sample solution, there is a datasources directory. In there, look at the simple case called MDX_Datasource.xaction.

Try to do something similar with your xxxx.mondrian.xml and see if that helps you find out where things are going wrong.

This will get JPivot out of the equation, and leave you testing just your model definition and your MDX.

I hope this helps,

Marc

guzaldon
04-28-2006, 09:56 AM
I will try that, but my mondrian statement was working to the point where I can pull up data with it. there were just a couple spots that if I tried to pivot on there it would throw an error.

But now it's not even able to find my mondrian schema or even the sample schema, I have tried a lot of different way of point to it and it's still unable to find it.

but i will try your suggestion and I appreicate your response.

Thanks,

Nic

guzaldon
04-28-2006, 10:05 AM
well I took it one step past that. I used the report wizard to test my mondrian schema and my mdx statement and it returns values.

but I'll try it in the data source here in a bit.

just some more info.

Thanks agian,

Nic

guzaldon
04-28-2006, 12:11 PM
trying to run my datasource as well as the example mdx datasource and I get the same error in each.

Error: MDXBaseComponent.ERROR_0006 - Could not execute MDX_Datasource.xaction (org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXLookupRule)

Debug: Starting execute of samples/datasources/MDX_Datasource.xaction (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Getting runtime context and data (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: Loading action sequence definition file (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)
Debug: audit: instanceId=b41f4aa3-d6f2-11da-8b09-8fbeca57c01d, objectId=org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext, messageType=action_sequence_start (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: validateComponent validating component org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXLookupRule (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Validating component for action MDX_Datasource.xaction (org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXLookupRule)
Debug: Executing action sequence (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Executing action definition: Iteration 0 (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: audit: instanceId=b41f4aa3-d6f2-11da-8b09-8fbeca57c01d, objectId=org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXLookupRule, messageType=component_execution_started (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: execute pre-audit (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Setting component log level to DEBUG (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: Initializing component (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: executeComponent starting audited execute (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Debug: execute validation=true (org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXLookupRule)
Error: MDXBaseComponent.ERROR_0006 - Could not execute MDX_Datasource.xaction (org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXLookupRule)
Debug: executeComponent finished audited execute (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXLookupRule did not execute successfully (org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext)
Error: SolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed (org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine)

and this on the console

16:08:05,401 ERROR [MDXLookupRule] Error Start: Pentaho 1.1.2.0 build 172
16:08:05,401 ERROR [MDXLookupRule] b41f4aa3-d6f2-11da-8b09-8fbeca57c01d:COMPONENT:context-8540208-1146254885323:MDX_Datasource.xaction MDXBaseComponent.ERROR_0006 - Could not execute MDX_Datasource.xaction
java.lang.NullPointerException
at org.pentaho.data.connection.mdx.MDXConnection.init(MDXConnection.java:86)
at org.pentaho.data.connection.mdx.MDXConnection.(MDXConnection.java:54)
at org.pentaho.data.PentahoConnectionFactory.getConnection(PentahoConnectionFactory.java:143)
at org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXBaseComponent.getConnection(MDXBaseComponent.java:251)
at org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXBaseComponent.getDatasourceConnection(MDXBaseComponent.java:170)
at org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXBaseComponent.executeAction(MDXBaseComponent.java:117)
at org.pentaho.plugin.ComponentBase.execute(ComponentBase.java:373)
at org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeComponent(RuntimeContext.java:1031)
at org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeAction(RuntimeContext.java:1003)
at org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeLoop(RuntimeContext.java:911)
at org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeSequence(RuntimeContext.java:749)
at org.pentaho.core.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeSequence(RuntimeContext.java:694)
at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.executeInternal(SolutionEngine.java:241)
at org.pentaho.core.solution.SolutionEngine.execute(SolutionEngine.java:200)
at org.pentaho.core.services.BaseRequestHandler.handleActionRequest(BaseRequestHandler.java:132)
at org.pentaho.ui.servlet.ViewAction.doGet(ViewAction.java:117)
at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:697)
16:08:05,401 ERROR [MDXLookupRule] Error end:
16:08:05,401 ERROR [RuntimeContext] b41f4aa3-d6f2-11da-8b09-8fbeca57c01d:RUNTIME:context-8540208-1146254885323:MDX_Datasource.xaction RuntimeContext.ERROR_0012 - ActionDefinition for org.pentaho.plugin.mdx.MDXLookupRule did not execute successfully
16:08:05,401 ERROR [SolutionEngine] b41f4aa3-d6f2-11da-8b09-8fbeca57c01d:«»SOLUTION-ENGINE: MDX_Datasource.xactionSolutionEngine.ERROR_0007 - Action sequence execution failed

so since it's not working for me on either the sample data source or my customer one.. there has to be a problem else were. and I can't see how any of the changes I have made would reflect this error. since they work in the demo 1.1.4.

Any more suggestion would be welcome. or if you need any other information I would be happy to provide it.

Thanks,

Nic

guzaldon
04-28-2006, 01:15 PM
I was mistaken. the MDX_Datasource works out of the box on the demo 1.1.4. but even after making my look as close to the MDX_datasource as possible I'm still getting errors.

Uhmm.. maybe I should just try starting from scratch and see how that might work out. it would be a fun weekend then.

Just some more info.

Nic

guzaldon
04-29-2006, 04:04 PM
well I figured out what my problem was. it wasn't a problem with my stuff it was a problem with the base url in web.xml I took out the http://localhost:8080/pentaho and changed it to just /pentaho and then it couldn't find my catelog ie the mondrian statement. so I put a static url in the base url back to http://localhost:8080/pentaho and it worked just fine. as well as the datasource work that Marc suggested.

I just figured I would share this. this happens both in the latest sdk and in the demo 1.1.4.

with that tid bit does that mean that something needs to be changed in jboss or is there something in the mondrian part of pentaho that references the base url in the web.xml that doesn't pick up the whole context of the url instead of grabbing part of the url from such thing as the session or reference url.

I just figured I would share this. Since others might have experienced the same issue or the such.

Thanks,

Nic

guzaldon
05-02-2006, 10:59 PM
I have also noticed that I get the IfTag.condition when jpivot table runs accrost fields that are null being returned from the db.

Nic

pranav1612
11-07-2006, 03:48 AM
Hi there,

I have created a simple cube and able to view it properly in pivot view. But when I try to drilldown, I am getting SQL erorr. I am using Pre-configured BI platform and mysql as database.

My Pivot view works fine but only problem is in the source data drilldown. Does anyone has idea on how to fix it?

My pivot view is based on simple table called worklog with two columns company and timespent. Attaching schema and cube files.

Please help me and thanks for your help in advance.

Regards,
Pranav Shah
http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/workSumm3.mondrian.xml

pranav1612
11-07-2006, 05:24 AM
Well I got the problem and solution. It can be taken as a bug of cube designer or drilldown query component.

In my schema, I have dimension name as "worklogsum.company" i.e table name was appended in it as it is created using cube designer.

Now the problem is when I click on show source data, query built is like follows:

select "worklogsum"."company" as "worklogsum"."company, "worklogsum"."timespent" as "worklogsum"."timespent" from "worklogsum" as "worklogsum" where ...

now here, in alias, if there is "." then all dbs are giving error weather it is mysql, access or MSSQLServer as it becomes "tablename"."alias" while it needs to be just "alias".

So I changed my schema and modified tablename.columnname and used just columnnames for dimensions and levels which has fixed the issue.

I think drilldown query builder/cube designer component needs to take care of this.

Regards,
Pranav Shah

Post edited by: pranav1612, at: 2006/11/07 09:30