PDA

View Full Version : EmailComponent

mbainakine
04-27-2006, 02:36 AM
I try to send a mail with an attach file(Report create with JasperReport ).I have this error :

10:19:27,218 INFO [STDOUT] DEBUG: successfully loaded resource: /META-INF/javamail.default.address.map
10:19:27,234 INFO [STDOUT] DEBUG: !anyLoaded
10:19:27,234 INFO [STDOUT] DEBUG: not loading resource: /META-INF/javamail.address.map
10:19:27,234 INFO [STDOUT] DEBUG: successfully loaded file: C:\\pentaho-demo\\jre\\lib\\javamail.address.map

10:19:27,234 ERROR [EmailComponent] Error Start: Pentaho 1.0.0.0 build 0001
10:19:27,234 ERROR [EmailComponent] 4dc79060-d5d7-11da-b6ac-112c9188d6ae:COMPONENT:context-20161192-1146133166046:SendMail.xaction Email.ERROR_0011 - Lenvoi SMTP a échoué : {0}
java.lang.NullPointerException at org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext.getDataSource(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.component.EmailComponent.executeAction(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.component.ComponentBase.execute(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeComponent(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeAction(Unknown Source)
at org.pentaho.runtime.RuntimeContext.executeLoop(Unknown Source)

Please somebody can help me

guzaldon
04-27-2006, 08:48 AM
uhmm I haven't messed too much with the email component yet, but my first suggestion would be to use the 1.1.4 demo and make sure the email compent in configured properly under samples/system/smpt-email. and then check out the cases in the bursting folder.

I hope it helps,

Nic

mbainakine
05-12-2006, 12:50 AM
thank you for your answer but I have the same error .

I send you my xaction file .
I don't know what is wrong .

thx http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/SendMail.xaction

mbatchelor
05-12-2006, 09:47 AM
Here's what I can recommend:

a- Look in the server log for the full error. You should be able to see some kind of exception/stack trace in there that will give you more information.

b- Make sure that you're talking to an SMTP server. In some cases, people have tried to use SMTP to talk to their Exchange server when the Exchange server wasn't configured to support SMTP. The solution here is to talk to your I.S. staff to find out what the actual SMTP server is.

c- Determine whether your SMTP server requires authentication. Some do, some don't. If you've configured the email configuration without authentication, and it's reall SMTP, it's possible that the server requires SMTP authentication. Please see as an example the gmail version of the configuration file to see how to supply the userid and password for SMTP authentication.

I hope these steps help,

Marc