PDA

View Full Version : V1.0.0.0 build 0001 shown in 1.1.5 Demo

rlance
05-08-2006, 06:54 AM
I just removed my old pentaho_demo directory, downloaded, installed and configured the freshly baked 1.1.5 version of the self-contained demo. Everything went without a hitch, but the web pages still show V 1.0.0.0 build 0001. Shouldn't they be showing 1.1.5?

bhagan
05-10-2006, 10:42 AM
Hi rlance,

I constantly remove older versions of the pci and install new ones. I haven't seen the problem that you're having. Have you cleared your browser cache?

- Brian

rlance
05-11-2006, 11:34 PM
Just to make sure we're talking about the same thing. It's not a problem with the PCI, but the Report Design Wizard. I wouldn't expect the browser's cache to have anything to do with it, but I cleared it anyway.

It is wierd in that the report designer doesn't show the label and listbox texts and preview contents at the beginning, but as I work with the program, guessing at the fields, the text begins to "kick in" and then I see it and the preview works. The problem is intermittent. I can't see a recurring time or processing point where the text begins to be shown. I use Java programs regularly without this display problem.

Ralph

mdamour
05-18-2006, 11:49 AM
Out of curiosity (and so I can potentially reproduce) can you tell me what version of Java you're running the RDW with?

Thanks,
Mike

rlance
05-19-2006, 12:54 AM
Oops, Im sorry. I just realized I seem to have mixed my answers. I have another thread running with problems with the RDW not always displaying field labels, etc. and I've posted answers erroneously here for it. I'll post my answer to your question Mike to the other thread (under Reporting Issues). We should pick up the display problems with the RDW again there.

Sorry,
Ralph

Post edited by: rlance, at: 05/19/2006 05:20