PDA

View Full Version : Finding Help...

henricristo
05-08-2006, 11:13 AM
Hello!

1. I am with problems with pentahoo. I followed quickstart and everything worked well. But when sailing for pentaho I perceive that all the headings are thus example: [ pt_76 ] Pentaho Business... [ pt_0 ] etc.. What they are these [pt_XX]? How to fix it?

2. When click in some modules eg: "[pt_0] Pentaho BI Components Demo" I receive an error from Javascript. Already I twirled in several browsers in some versions, and it always gives the same.

Help?

tx!

mbatchelor
05-09-2006, 05:45 AM
The [pt_xx] messages come from the messages_pt.properties, and indicates that your locale is Portuguese from Portugal.

The [pt_xx] prefix to each message are markers for translators to indicate English strings that have yet to be translated. However, we don't have a Portuguese translation as of yet - so, every string has a [pt_xx] marker on them.

On reports and other displays, you can eliminate these one of three ways:

a- Set your browser locale to US English
b- Deleting all *_pt.properties from the solution tree
c- Update each *_pt.properties file with a translation.
d- Update each *_pt.properties file, and remove the [pt_xx] prefix

Item 'd' above would be simple with a regular expression replacement tool (awk comes to mind).

We accept translation contributions from the community if you're interested in donating back! :-D

henricristo
05-10-2006, 09:51 AM
My locale is Portuguese from Brazil.

How I can collaborate to this language?

Exist some documentation about translations?

Ty!

gmoran
05-10-2006, 10:12 AM
Hello,

You can find out about Portuguese translation efforts in our Portuguese forum here - http://www.pentaho.org/index.php?option=com_simpleboard&Itemid=275&func=showcat&catid=35.

I will also send a note to those community members that I know are working on this translation as well.

It would be good to post further inquiries about the Portuguese translation in that forum, please and thank you :)

kind regards,
Gretchen

henricristo
05-10-2006, 10:33 AM
Gretchen, ty!

But, i need create a new language, because portuguese from portugal is a bit different from brazil.

How i can make a ptbr?

web.xml?

mbatchelor
05-10-2006, 10:56 AM
Hey there,

In my haste to answer your question and get you rolling, I didn't consider the fundamental issue behind your problem. The issue is that we've released a completely un-translated "translation".

We're going to remove all the xxxx_pt.properties files until we get a bona fide translation in Portuguese. Once we have that, we will bring them back.

I'm sorry for the trouble. In the meantime, the simplest solution is to do the following - these instructions assume Windows (and were done under Windows XP in English, so your mileage may vary):

Before following these steps, make sure the Pentaho server is not running.

1- Open up Windows Explorer, and navigate to the pentaho-demo directory.

2- Right-click on the pentaho-demo directory and choose "Search..."

3- In the box that says "All or part of the file name", type in the following:

*_pt.properties

4- Click the "Search" button

You should be rewarded by a list of all the xxx_pt.properties files. Select them all, and hit the delete button. This will delete all the files that are giving you problems.

Restart the server, and you should see English descriptions and such without the [pt_xxx].

I hope this helps,

Marc

henricristo
05-10-2006, 11:06 AM
I understand it.

I want know how i can make a *_btbr language in Pentaho!

Evanndro
05-10-2006, 11:15 AM
Hello! We are working on the localization of Pentaho to Brazilian Portuguese. Please feel free to contact us as to set up a common way of doing this.

evanndro.reis@arvos.com.br

Thanks in advance.

fmarodin
05-10-2006, 11:25 AM
hi Evandro,

somos de Porto Alegre/RS e estamos traduzindo a documentação.
podemos somar esforços, que tal?

saudações,

fabrizio marodin
fm@kybernetics.com.br

henricristo
05-10-2006, 11:31 AM
Olá! Também sou de Porto Alegre, e gostaria de contribuir na tradução para o Português Brasileiro!

mbatchelor
05-10-2006, 11:53 AM
Sure!

Mainly, you can post as Gretchen suggested in the Portuguese forum if you have specific questions. But, as far as getting started, we have an internationalization guide in our sourceforge documentation files list:

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=140317&package_id=153986

As for the file name suffix, it should be something like: xxxxxxx_pt_BR.properties.

Note that the suffix for Brazil-specific Portuguese is with a capital BR.

I hope this helps,

Marc