PDA

View Full Version : Customizing the view

martin.anlauf
05-16-2006, 12:27 AM
I am evaluating Pentaho and try to understand how the view can be customized. The previous posting with the subject "Customising JSP" gives some valuable hints, but I have some further questions.

1) Is it possible to add a navigation bar at the left? I would like to have an extendable bar which gives an overview over all solutions of the site, according to the solutions directory structure.

2) Where is the place to modify the appearance of the single solutions? At the present, a solution is shown as a box containing three fields for the icon, the title and the short description, respectively. Is it for example possible to list all soluions of a page in a table?

I would be glad for any hints how to perform such customizations. Apologies, if the topic is documented or discussed somewhere else and I missed it. In this case, please be so kind to indicate me the place where I can find it.

Thanks in advance,

Martin Anlauf

mbatchelor
05-16-2006, 04:24 AM
The UI you're referring to is simply a sample UI. That is, Pentaho is a platform of components that can be all used together, or mixed and matched with other UI's or other products. It's kinda tough to demonstrate infrastructure and components without having some kind of UI. So, we ship two example UI's - the JSP UI and the Portal UI.

Assuming you're trying to work with the JSP UI, there are a few places you'd need to examine for making your own.

1- Navigate.jsp - (in server/default/deploy/pentaho.war/jsp)

2- pentaho-style.war - (in server/default/deploy/pentaho-style.war)

3- NavigationComponent.java (in org.pentaho.ui.component)

4- solutionsToTreeView.xsl (in pentaho-solutions/system/custom/xsl)

I hope these pointers help,

Marc