PDA

View Full Version : Pentaho on Oracle AS 10.1.3

dawa
05-17-2006, 07:51 AM
Hi all,

If someone is interested I've got a Pentaho 1.0 that runs on Oracle AS 10.1.3. I've found some lack for this task but it works. So if u are interested, contact me at le_saulnier_d@agrostar.fr (not commercial, free)

Vikram
06-01-2006, 05:47 AM
Hi,

As per my understanding, Pentaho has a dependency on JBOSS Portal Server to provide DashBoard functionality.

I am intrested in knowing, what have you done for the same?

Have you also used JBOSS? or could manage to configure some other Portal Server?

Regards,
Vikram.

mbatchelor
06-01-2006, 07:08 AM
I'm afraid you're under a couple of misconceptions. Let me clarify them here:

Misconception 1: We require JBoss Portal for Portlets

We have no dependency on JBoss Portal in any way either for dashboard functionality or of portlets. We are using JBoss to provide a demo server. We do not use any JBoss-specific features in our portlets.

Our portlets are JSR-168-compliant and should work with any commercial or open source JSR168-compliant portal such as Pluto, Jetspeed, Liferay, WebSphere Portal, Oracle Portal, WebLogic Portal etc.

Note that JSR-168 is famously silent about how portlets are to be integrated into a portal, and what configuration file modifications and what administrative UIs are required to get your portlet to show up anywhere. So, deploying a portlet to JBoss Portal and getting it working is entirely different exercise from deploying the same portlet into WebLogic Portal or Pluto. Even between point releases, JBoss Portal deployment is entirely different. Deploying portlets to JBoss Portal 2.1 is an entirely different prospect from doing the same in JBoss Portal 2.2.

We've done a lot of the leg-work in JBoss Portal to get our sample portlets to show up. There are several files that need tweaking, and JBoss Admin UI clicks to get things to work within JBoss Portal 2.2. We have run through this exercise to make sure that our portlets work in a JSR-168 portal, and to demonstrate the features.

Misconception 2: We require a portal for dashboards

Our components will work from the UI of your choice. We've provided demonstration .JSPs to demonstrate building a dashboard outside a portal environment.

I hope this clarifies things,

Marc