PDA

View Full Version : Tomcat 5.5 deployment

roberto63
05-24-2006, 06:08 AM
Hello all. After a hard work, I had succesful deployment in Tomcat 5.5. Here is the solution: instead of paste the db connections inside of the PDF document in server.xml, paste in the context.xml (in \\conf dir of Tomcat). If You want to use Your db, create a new parameter with the relevant items. For Postgres 8.1 I used:
(replace Your_username, Your_password and Your_db with Your own parameters). If You prefer You can rewrite the Sampledata, Shark and Hibernate parameters tags as the same tag proposed for Postgres. It is to understand if the tags writed in the sample are ok or not, so, with the proposal everything is ok.
Copy the context.xml in the \\catalina\\localhost dir and rename it as pentaho.xml. It is possible to include in the .war file the context.xml so it will be deployed as pentaho.xml, but doesn't matter...
Insert a param-ref in the web.xml file in \\pentaho\\web-inf including the reference to postgres connection (simply copy and paste the shark creference and modify with parameters to postgres). Save.
Now, create an action including a simple query to Your db and... voilĂ , it runs well.
The most important is that Tomcat 5.5 change the way to JNDI connections, and here is the solution.
Regards
Roberto
Next copy the context

dlpatri
05-24-2006, 07:42 AM
instead of paste the db connections inside of the PDF document in server.xml, paste in the
context.xml (in conf dir of Tomcat).

I just want to clarify something really quick. Roberto was correct when he say that the context should not go into the server.xml file for Tomcat 5.5. However, I would also like to point out that context.xml should not be changed unless you want to change the default for ALL web applications deployed by Tomcat.

Instead, make sure you do what Roberto say here:

Copy the context.xml in the catalina/localhost dir and rename it as pentaho.xml

Then modify pentaho.xml.

Sorry to be nit-picky, I just want to make sure that no one changes the defaults for all of their webapps to include all the Pentaho resources.