PDA

View Full Version : Birt 2.0 and other report writers versions ?

mjoubert
06-16-2006, 08:51 AM
I can see lots of forum entries about Pentaho not supporting later version of Birt.

Is there anywhere a simple table where I can find out what versions of the report writers are supported with what versions of Pentaho ?

I am using 1.1.6 and couldn't get Birt 2.1 to work.

I can swap between Eclipse 3.1 and 3.2 but all I want is a reportwriter that works.

Anyone able to point me to the versions I can use or has got a recent BIRT version to work ?

guzaldon
06-16-2006, 09:19 AM
I beleive birt 2.0.1 feb 26, and jasper 1.2.3 was the last updates to those components, but I'm not for sure.

Try the report wizard and disigner that uses jfree report and jfree chart.

it's not a mature as birt but this way you have more say in how it'll end up.

I hope that might help. Maybe if you discribe what you are trying to do with the reports a recommendation might be easier to give.

Nic

mbatchelor
06-18-2006, 04:24 AM
Hi there,

The latest version of BIRT (2.0.1) is supported in the current source code. It didn't make it into the 1.1.6 build.

mjoubert
06-19-2006, 11:48 PM
So to make BIRT 2.0.1 I would have to download and recompile ?

Also would I need todo the same if I want to use Jasper 1.2.3 ?

mjoubert
06-19-2006, 11:50 PM
I am busy evaluating Pentaho for my company to see how mature the report writers are and have been trying the report wizard,BIRT and Jasper.

So far I have not been able to get BIRT of Jasper to work and have only been able to get the report wizard to work.

My compnay would need a lot of custom reports, functionality I can only see in BIRT and Jasper and not the report wizard (e.g. custom positioning)

mjoubert
06-20-2006, 12:03 AM
I have someone managed to miss the Report Designer ..(thought it was the same as the report wizard) so will give that a try as well.