PDA

View Full Version : Missing pdf extension

pwm
07-19-2006, 07:31 AM
When running samples which create PDF files, the files created do not have a pdf extention. You must either rename the file with the extension or right-click and tell Windows to use Acrobat to open the file. The files are generated correctly, just missing the extension.

adeshazor
07-19-2006, 08:07 AM
Thanks for the feedback. The case has been entered as JIRA issue PLATFORM-388.

http://jira.pentaho.org:8080/jira/browse/PLATFORM-388

mdamour
07-19-2006, 09:45 AM
Can you provide me with more details?

What is the platform (PCI) version of pentaho you are using?

Which examples in particular are you having problems with?

I tested with 1.2RC1 and my PDF was called "ViewAction.pdf" in both IE and Firefox. The name of the file is configurable with a parameter (on the URL), if you add &mimefile=myfile.pdf to the URL you'll get the EXACT file name you desire back.

Thank you,
Mike

pwm
07-19-2006, 10:25 AM
I am using PCI V1.2.RC1.0 Build 341 on XP-SP2. Tried in IE, Foxfire, Opera 9. :-(

When selecting Samples>Reporting Examples>JFreeReport with PieCharts the file generated is called ViewAction(n) where n is 1,2...
but does not have .pdf extension.

Same problem shows up with the Steel Wheels >Pentaho Reporting.

The pdf reporting under Steel Wheels> Pentaho Analysis with pdf selected works properly.

If I drag a file over to Acrobat, or right-click to open with Acrobat, the file appears fine.

I have done a complete removal of previous versions of Pentaho and reinstall before reporting this. Was not a problem on same machine and configuration in 1.17 or earlier.

Pat

pwm
07-19-2006, 10:26 AM
I am using PCI V1.2.RC1.0 Build 341 on XP-SP2. Tried in IE, Foxfire, Opera 9. :-(

When selecting Samples>Reporting Examples>JFreeReport with PieCharts the file generated is called ViewAction(n) where n is 1,2...
but does not have .pdf extension.

Same problem shows up with the Steel Wheels >Pentaho Reporting.

The pdf reporting under Steel Wheels> Pentaho Analysis with pdf selected works properly.

If I drag a file over to Acrobat, or right-click to open with Acrobat, the file appears fine.

I have done a complete removal of previous versions of Pentaho and reinstall before reporting this. Was not a problem on same machine and configuration in 1.17 or earlier.

Pat

mdamour
07-19-2006, 11:59 AM
When you click on an action-sequence (report) in the samples does it prompt you to save the PDF download or does it attempt to open it in PDF right away?

My IE and Firefox open Acrobat without prompting me and if I say "save file" it says "ViewAction.pdf".

Also running PCI 1.2RC1 XP-SP2..

Have you tried playing with the &mimefile=myfile.pdf parameter?

-Mike

guzaldon
07-19-2006, 12:53 PM
I just tried out my reports in 1.2 rc1 and I didn't have any problem with my pdf or any other formats.

I was able to name the file dynamicly and create the attachtment or display it inline. I'm using Pentaho. V1.2.RC1.0 build 339 on suse 10.

Just figured I would add my 2cents. By default you when promted for a "save as" box you'll get to save a ViewAction with no file name. There are a few posts that talk about change it and doing it dynamicaly.
Check out this topic.
http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=26391
it's a bit raw but will walk you through the mimefile stuff and making it dynamic as well.

Hope that helps you out a bit,

Nic