PDA

View Full Version : Configuring menus in Portal

chugh97
08-03-2006, 09:05 AM
Hi,

I have Pentaho version 1.1.7 and I was able to configure the portal pages creating sites so at the moment I have menus in the top Nav bar in Green/Orange - default, management,Statistics
What I want is to get rid of the default and management but would require management functionality later on. How can this be done?
Also is there any way to rename 'default' in the menu to something sensible like Home?

Pls advise.
Thanks,
Shaleen

ocho79
08-04-2006, 05:13 AM
I am having the same problem right now.
I think the following Java class has the answer:

[...]\\pentaho.war\\WEB-INF\\classes\\org\\pentaho\\ui\\portlet\\jboss\\PentahoMenuBar.class

Lets take a look at the .java file.

Any news from your side so far?

chugh97
08-04-2006, 05:33 AM
Hi there,

There is no java file in that folder..When can i get this .java file?

Thanks,
Shaleen

jdixon
08-04-2006, 06:54 AM
Hi,

You are correct about the Java class that creates the portal menu. In the latest version that is checked into subversion you can specify in the portlet.xml definition for the portlet that you do or do not want the portal selection menu.

<portlet>

<portlet-name>PortalNavigationPortlet</portlet-name>

<portlet-class>org.pentaho.ui.portlet.jboss.PentahoMenuBar</portlet-class>

<supports>

<mime-type>text/html</mime-type>

<portlet-mode>VIEW</portlet-mode>

</supports>

<portlet-info>

<title>Portal Navigation</title>

</portlet-info>

<portlet-preferences>

<preference>

<name>portals-menu</name>

<value>false</value>

</preference>

</portlet-preferences>

</portlet>

You can override this setting on an instance by instance basis. You can get the portals menu to only show on some pages by using different instances of the portal menu instead of only one for every page.

As far as I know you cannot rename the default portal to be anything else.

Currently you cannot configure the menu to only show some portals and not others.

I hope this helps.

James

chugh97
08-07-2006, 07:28 AM
Hi ,

I have tried this but there is no difference. I put the code in portlet.xml and then created an instance dropped it on my Custom sub site and there is no change.
I would like to configure the menu . Any other ways to do it?
I also tried deleting the Penatho and Pentaho admin sites and when I stop the server and re-start pentaho these menu seem to appear again which is very annoying.

I have also tried editing the jsp file and removing the tag library componnet and added my custom menu butthen this screws the management area when i pass /mamnegment in the url I dont see anything which means I cannot administer effectively

Pls help!
Thanks,
Shaleen

jdixon
08-07-2006, 07:37 AM
To get the new option for the portal menu you will need to wait for the next release candiate or build it from the current source code.

James