PDA

View Full Version : BIRT 2.1 support in Pentaho

bgoetzmann
08-09-2006, 12:49 AM
Hello,
I hope that BIRT 2.1 will be soon supported by Pentaho.
This support was announced in the 2.1 RC1 version, but it's not the case.
I understand that you want promote JFreeReport that belongs to the Penthao suite instead of BIRT, but I think the risk is that one can decide to use BIRT without Pentaho.

Penthao seems useful and powerful as an integration tool, and it would a pity to not integrate BIRT 2.1 !

dmoran
08-09-2006, 04:11 AM
My fault, I missed it for RC1, I do have the contribution and will get it in as soon as I can.

Thanks,
Doug

dawa
08-21-2006, 01:27 AM
Hi Doug,

I've posted some questions about BIRT 2.1 in the beginning of this summer. My company need this improvement and we had some big problems this summer (and now too) to argue why should we kept Pentaho... Can you give me a date when you're plan to release Pentaho with BIRT 2.1? I need to know it in order to communicate with my hierarchy.

Thanks in advance

David

alpheratz
08-21-2006, 01:58 AM
This is an issue for me as well, I'd like to know the timeline here so that I can incorporate the info into the decision-making process I am currently involved in...

Cheers,

BOB

dmoran
08-24-2006, 06:48 AM
BIRT 2.1 support has been checked into the code line and is available in the latest nightly build. You can download the latest builds from the FTP site. I must warn you that the FTP site can be a bit slow.

FTP Site URL: ftp://community.pentaho.org
login: anonymous, no password

If you prefer to work with the projects in debug mode, you can retrieve the latest code from our Subversion repository. Go to http://www.pentaho.org/getthecode/ to access the latest code.

Sorry for the delay in getting 2.1 integrated!

We are a little short of BIRT expertise here and are hoping someone from the community will step up and take on the role of BIRT expert or is that exBIRT? They will keep up with the latest releases and make sure that they are integrated in a timely manner. Watch the forums etc. BIRT 2.1 has features that could be supported or better supported in the platform. Anyone interested should contact CommunityConnection@pentaho.org

Thanks,
Doug