PDA

View Full Version : Javascript datepicker for Birt Report

theeren
08-15-2006, 12:06 PM
Hi-

I am trying to put a javascript date picker on the html custom parameter page for a Birt Report. I have looked through the CustomParameterPage.xsl and am unsure of how I plug in a date picker. I also found a message about being able to use parameter_template.html as a template instead but am unsure of how to hook into it. I have tried to replace this line in my xaction <xsl>CustomParameterPage.xsl</xsl>
with <html>parameter_template.html</html> but that doesn't work. I am not sure if I am heading down the right path and was hoping someone could steer me into the right direction. Any thoughts on the easiest way to accomplish this is much appreciated!! I have attached my xaction incase it would be helpful.

Thanks for any help!!! http://forums.pentaho.org/archived_att/files/SolutionWatchClientReport.xaction

Post edited by: theeren, at: 08/15/2006 16:13

mbatchelor
08-22-2006, 06:45 AM
Hey there,

You are on the right track. You will need a custom XSL or custom HTML parameter page that includes the Javascript functions necessary for the date picker functionality. Additionally, your custom XSL/HTML page will need to invoke this date picker.

I hope this was helpful,

Marc