PDA

View Full Version : Report Designer & Oracle

clavigne
09-11-2006, 02:03 PM
Hoping to work around the problem with the Report Wizard, I tried the Report Designer RC. There seems to be a problem creating a JNDI connection to an Oracle database.

The driver is fine and properly positioned, the connection details are fine (both work through other tools). I encounter the error when I try to test the data connetion: Could Not Establish Connection oracle.jdbc.driver.OracleDriver.

Chris

mbatchelor
09-13-2006, 03:16 PM
I'm afraid there isn't quite enough information provided to help you with your problem.

I suggest reading the following forum post on how to ask your question with enough detail to be able to answer it.

http://forums.pentaho.org/showthread.php?t=26490

Take care,

Marc

clavigne
09-13-2006, 06:37 PM
Hi Marc,

My post wasn't a request for help, but a bug report for the Report Designer release candidate. It was my understanding that this was the right place for such a report. My apologies for any confusion.

Cheers,

Chris

mbatchelor
09-13-2006, 07:37 PM
Hey Chris,

No problem, and thanks for the information. But even for a bug report, there simply isn't enough information to create a JIRA case.

Minimally, we'd need:

a- Where you put the driver

b- What driver are you using - the OCI or thin driver.

c- What is the stack trace saying? If you don't see a stack trace, modify the .bat file (or .sh file) and change the invocation from javaw to java. Then, you'd see a stack trace.

d- What is the exact driver information you've provided that seems not to work. This includes the driver class name, and the URL.

Thanks,

Marc

cruel_world
09-18-2006, 02:21 PM
I can confirm this as well,

Works in 1.1.6 Not in 1.1.7

Hope to have an update soon!

EDIT!

Found the problem.

Added Classes12 to the StartDesigner.bat file classpath

e.g.

start javaw -cp lib\\ReportDesigner.jar;lib\\annotations.jar;lib\\classes12.jar;............

Note. File has to be placed in this location as well!

Hope This Helps sombody!!!!

Post edited by: cruel_world, at: 2006/09/18 18:51

clavigne
09-19-2006, 07:19 PM
Classes12 isn't in the download...can you attach it here?

cruel_world
09-20-2006, 07:06 AM
You can get it from Oracle or from Version 1.1.6

rdanziger
10-27-2006, 02:45 PM
This had been been a problem for me as well until I got here. Just wanted to say thanks for the fix info.