PDA

View Full Version : How to customize dashboard / portal???

glgrahamjr
09-28-2006, 06:09 AM
When I look at the marketing info on pentaho, the description of "Pentaho Dashboards" seems to indicate that this is a well-defined, stable, and currently-available product offering, with the ability to customize content, navigation, security, and so on. However, I cannot seem to find this functionality and feel as though i must be having some type of mental block or brain cramp. I can download and access the pentaho demo, which includes the sample portal interface based on jboss portal, but i cannot find out how one goes about changing the color schemes, logos, menu items, and so forth. Is there a roadmap that outlines the availability of this functionality, and is it coming in the near future? Any guidance along these lines would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

guzaldon
10-05-2006, 11:01 PM
I got some posts around here some place. They go into adding stuff to the portal pages and some customizing as well. Might want to dig a bit.

but if you look into the creation a jboss's portal objects you'll get a lot of answers there. some of the stuff are images that you need to edit or mod other are css's.

Hope that helps,

Nic