PDA

View Full Version : Problems with the birt version that pentaho uses

laura
10-22-2006, 11:57 PM
Hello,
I'm trying to display a birt report with the latest version of pentaho that uses the version 2.0.1 of BIRT. The problem is that when I use complex filters in birt functions like Total.count()-->Total.count(row["name"=='David' && "surname"=='Smith']) the report is not displayed in the right way. i think this hasn't got anything to do with pentaho but with the birt version that is integrated with the demo. So I have tried to change the birt version pentaho comes with, by changing the libraries from birt 2.0.2 to birt 2.1 (This version fixes the filter's problem)and modifying the code in BirtReportcomponent. however I haven't got it yet.

I get a java.lang.nullPointerException in engine.openReportDesign(). I have created a platform directory with the plugins and the configuration carpets and put into the web-inf directory of my web application. If I'm not confused, BIRTS looks for this directories in this path throught the platformContext class.(I supose It should be modified during the integration wit pentaho so that it can de found within the pentaho-solutions/system/birt directory), but by the moment I'm trying in this way. Also I have created a static variable in PentahoSystem to save the servletContext object of the ViewAction Servlet that I pass to the BirtreportComponent. It seems that to run the birt engine you need to pass it . May be this I'm trying to do it's terribly wrong. Anyone could tell me how to integrate this birt version in the right form?
Thanks

bamaer
10-23-2006, 05:26 AM
Hi,

Pentaho supports BIRT 2.0.1, but the implementation (especially parameter support) is not complete.

I'm currently working to improve BIRT support in Pentaho. Would you like to help?

Regards,

Bart

dmoran
10-23-2006, 05:58 AM
Laura,

The Pentaho version 1.2.0 RC3 available for download has integrated BIRT 2.1 this should fix your troubles. We made significant changes to the way the BIRT platform and report engine is started and used. It should perform much better now.

Doug

laura
10-29-2006, 11:06 AM
Hello,
It works well with the new version.
Thanks a lot

cruel_world
10-29-2006, 09:09 PM
Will I ever be able to change the record set in BIRT via the .xaction?

Bill Russell

mbatchelor
10-30-2006, 07:04 AM
Unfortunately, BIRT architecturally needs to control the execution of the query and the collection of all the rows. So, at this time, I don't see this ability coming anytime soon.

However, using JFreeReport as the engine, this is possible.

Take care,

Marc