PDA

View Full Version : Params and Pivot in Dashboards

roth
10-31-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi

The SampleDashboard.jsp shows how to construct a dashboard with various charts. I'd now like to change the example and add

1) A secure filter (parameter) page as the first dashboard item, which requests a year and passes this on

2) A pivot table as the last entry

I can't get those to work. Is there an example for this that I missed, or can anyone give me some example code? And where would I look for documentation about this?

Thanks,
Tobias

roth
10-31-2006, 08:13 AM
I looked at the source of ChartHelper.java, but that didn't get me any further. The code is completely undocumented.

I read somewhere about an API documentation in JavaDoc, where would I find that?

Anyway, an example would also be very helpful.

Thanks,
Tobias

Etienne
11-08-2006, 10:58 PM
Hi Tobias,

I am about to try to do the same thing, did you manage to make it work?
If so could you post a brief description of you solution or maybe just the problems you encountered.

best,
Etienne

roth
11-09-2006, 01:32 AM
Hi Etienne

I'm sorry to disappoint you, I don't have a solution.
I worked around the issue by omitting the filter alltogether, and linking to the pivot table, instead of integrating it into the dashboard.

So I basically just changed the the SampleDashboard.jsp.

One thing I found out, which can't be deducted from the Sample, is how to pass output variables from an xaction back to the jsp:

In the xaction, make sure the output has a 'Destination' of type 'session'. You can then reference this with userSession.getAttribute("foo") from within the jsp.

I guess that doesn't help you much, but I'll post back here when I find out more.

Thanks,
Tobias

Etienne
11-10-2006, 08:36 AM
Thanks tobias,

I'll let you know if I find a way of doing it.