PDA

View Full Version : Creating Dashboard

stephanie4238
11-19-2006, 07:52 PM
hi..i'm having problem on the steps about how to create a dashboard. I've go thru the documentaion guide but then i still can't what it mean. I'm a student now and I've to create a dashboard due to my school project. Can any1 tell me what's the 1st step tht i need to do??

jtcornelius
11-22-2006, 08:46 AM
Hello Stephanie,

Have you downloaded and reviewed the 'Pentaho Dashboard Builder's Guide'? You can find this under the documentation section of our latest download site:

http://www.pentaho.org/download/latest.php

As this is your first attempt at creating a Dashboard, I would recommend reviewing this guide and then taking one of the sample dashboards that come with our Pre-Configured Installation and use it as a model/template for constructing your new Dashboard.

I hope this helps and good luck with your project!

Regards,
Jake

stephanie4238
11-22-2006, 06:39 PM
Hello Jake, thanks for the help. But i've already download all the documentation related to pentaho dashboard. I read through all of it. But it seems didn't mention on how to create a dashboard. Some of the guide just show how to use each of the design wizard. And it seems just show u all the samples. But didn't really show how to create a new dashboard. From what i know is changing the interface of the dashboard only but still don't know how to customize it. And i still have problem on how to retrieve the data from database to create a new dashboard. I've try to search for more information on the internet. Then i've found out that it's related to mySQL to link the data to pentaho. So, is it really related to MySQL on retrieving data?? I've downloaded mySQL and now are trying to learn how to use it. So, do u think i'm going on the correct path to create a dashboard?? Or i've left out something??