PDA

View Full Version : integrating Google maps

mario@digiconsulting.com
11-28-2006, 01:23 PM
Hi,

I'd like to integrate the google maps into a solution that we're building. I received some pricing from Google for Google Maps Enterprise as follows:

We price our solution on a price per transaction model where a transaction is defined as any time you make a request to our servers for info (map load, zoom, panning, etc).

Pricing (based on transactions on an annual agreement):
1.5M - $10k
5M - $25k
18.75M - $75k
Does Pentaho have any special pricing with Google to incorporate Google Maps into the Pentaho dashboard product?

Thx

Mario

jdixon
11-28-2006, 02:03 PM
Hi Mario,

We do not have any pricing with Google, that would need to be direct between you and Google.

James

codek
07-24-2007, 03:44 AM
Hi,

Has anyone managed to get a more sensible pricing out of google? We've implemented a map just to see how it all worked, but are now unsure we'll be able to use it.

The site implies a minimum of $10k/yr, which for a small feature within pentaho which is nice to have, but not essential, this seems very expensive!

The site makes me laugh actually - they talk about CRM integration and being able to see where all your leads are and customers etc. Well thats very nice, but who anywhere would pay 10k for that? No one i know of...

Thanks!
Dan