PDA

View Full Version : How to define chacter data in string-field having more than

Anonymous
05-15-2002, 06:26 PM
Hi,
How to define charecter data for string-field of xml file, having more than one word separated by space. If I used two words delimited by space, program only getting first part and ignoring rest.

Thanks,
Krishna

Anonymous
05-15-2002, 06:30 PM
If you want to display fixed text, you should use a label-element. The string element receives its data from the assigned table model, the object read from the model is translated into a string using it's toString() function.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
05-15-2002, 09:38 PM
I mean charecter data between string-field is to get the value from the data medel. My column model has designed such away that one of the column name is like this "Trade time" So If supply that name for string-field it is getting null pointer exception, may be it is taking the word before the space(Trade) and ignoring the rest. I thought you understand my problem. Thank you very much for your prompt responses. You are doing great. I appreciate your support.

Thanks,
Krishna

Anonymous
05-16-2002, 03:00 PM
Oh, that feature is planed, but not yet included.
This would requires bigger changes to the way elements are handled. One thing I could suggest is, that you write a small function to do the string concation, you just have to extend AbstractFunction and override the getValue() method.