PDA

View Full Version : is user can custom draw line,table then render PDF with JF

Anonymous
05-28-2002, 10:49 PM
is user can custom draw line,table then render PDF with JFreeReport?

Anonymous
05-29-2002, 04:05 PM
I don't understand exactly what you mean, but I'll try to give a guess :)

You may use the line element to draw lines in a band. If placed corretly, these lines may form a table, which can be printed into pfd files. Although this does not use the special feature of tables in the pdf format, the displayed result is the same.

At the moment, there is no way to form a table by declaring cells, you will have to draw all lines manually. To print some sort of table header I would suggest you to use a goup header element, the same applies to the table footer, which would be painted in the goup footer.

To surround a cell having the position (x,y) and the dimension of (w,h), you have to create 4 line elements:

<string name="the cell" x="x" y="y" w="w" h="h" .... more attributes />

<line name="top" x1="x" y1="y" x2="x+w" y2="y"/>
<line name="bottom" x1="x" y1="y+h" x2="x+w" y2="y+h"/>
<line name="left" x1="x" y1="y" x2="x" y2="y+h"/>
<line name="right" x1="x+w" y1="y" x2="x+w" y2="y+h"/>

Just replace the attribute values with the correct numbers and you shoud
see a text field surrounded by 4 lines.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
05-29-2002, 09:40 PM
Dear Taqua :
I donnot expression my means really!
I want to see that user can visual draw title,table,image in a panel .
like a form user can add table,dataSources,txtfield to the form, the application can save as the XML file.and then create PDF or Svg!

Anonymous
05-30-2002, 03:07 AM
Hi,

such an editor/frontend is not yet written, it is planed as soon as the xml-definition language has most features included, but currently things are moving to fast to create such an editor for a fragile base.

When features like subreports, variable page formats and columns are included, and the xml language has proven to be suitable for all the new needs, then we will start the editor. But if the language is not suitable, then there is a high possibility, that we switch to another definition scheme and leave the old language as legacy for thoose who haven't been convicted to switch to the new one.

But even this event lays 2 or 3 releases in the future.

If you need an visual editor now, you should have a look at jasper reports, they have a more advanced userinterface than we have yet.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
05-30-2002, 09:14 PM
thanks u very much.
in my project user want to show PDF format and the HTML which user select.so we selected the JFreeReport and the JFreeChart!
JFreeReport and the JFreeChart is very good Project!
Best regards
andiyang

Anonymous
05-30-2002, 10:08 PM
Dear Taqua:
I want to writer a editor/frontend, but I donnot know how to do it first.
I want to implement user can draw the report format in the editor.the Application can use Awt or Swing to do it.
please gave me some advice !
thanks u very much.
andiyang