PDA

View Full Version : Empty field values being removed

Anonymous
05-31-2002, 09:18 AM
Hi all,

I was just wondering whether there was currently a way of being able to "suck up" the space where a field should go if the field is empty.

I currently have "address" and "address2" but "address" isn't always used. Is there a way of getting the "address2" field to take the place of the "address" field if it is empty.

Any help greatly appreciated

Cheers

Tom

Anonymous
05-31-2002, 02:24 PM
Sorry, this is a feature which is not implemeted. Bands and Elements are positioned directly, without any arbitary layoutmanager involved.

A posibility to do a similiar scheme would require you to write a function which modifies the bounds of the elements which should be move. This is no elegant and eays way, but it will work.

Have more fun,
said Thomas

Anonymous
05-31-2002, 05:59 PM
Hi Thomas / Tom,

A better solution would be a function that can take two columns from the TableModel and combine them into a String. It's the end of a long week so I can't think whether or not this is possible currently...I know I've never tried it, but always had in the back of my mind that it should be done.

I'll take a look when I get a chance...

Regards,

DG.

Anonymous
06-01-2002, 04:21 AM
There is no such function implemented yet, but yes, it is possible. And yes, this is basic functionality and should be included in the package :)

Anonymous
06-04-2002, 01:57 PM
Hi David,

Well, thats kinda what I've done. I've taken the two fields from the database and created a single string out of it before giving it to the jTablemodel. Not an optimal solution but one that is better than nothing. =)

Cheers

Tom